Claiming for pc on house insurance?

kellie80

Reaction score
DH was putting some more memory in the spare pc yesterday and now its broke. Its about 5 years old now and the floppy disk drive was in the way. Anyway something went wrong and now it won't even accept its own memory and it just beeps when its turned on. We have accidental damage on our house insurence so I was just wondered if anyone knows if they will pay out for that. If not would they if we spilled some water on it or dropped it or something. I've never claimed on the policy before and we have had it for 8 years so its not like we are always ripping them off but it cost us £600 and we can't afford to replace it.

depends on the policy but an accidental drop /spill would normaly be covered under AD. what tends to happen is that it would be sent away to be looked at and a report sent back to the insurance company.

The cost of the amount of 'child droped a drink on the tv/computer/laptop' type claims ive heard over the years

My bro spilled a glass of orange juice on his laptop and claimed on the house insurance and got a brand new (and even better) laptop :)

Brody broke my laptop and I got a new, better one off insurance :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back