• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

christening and confirmation

Lauz_1601

Reaction score
I just spoke to the vicar about getting Ella christened. I asked if the church requires both parents to be christened as Im not but dave is and he said have I thought about getting confirmed. I feel like I should do becuase Ella is, but really Id be a bit embarassed,has anyone here been confirmed at an older age? what does it involve?

He said that I have just missed a confirmation in march and that the next one is next year, could I say that I will be confirmed next year then change my mind lol.

just went to see the vicar we are going to have a triple christening, me, my sister and Ella. That means my sis can now be a godmother to Ella and i wont be embarassed by myself. will be interesting! now my mum needs to find godparents for us too!

That will be a lovely day, hope the weather is good for you x

im getting Coby christened on the 14th of May, altho its not for god reasons, its for spirtual ones.

i had Charlie and Ethan done too, i have never been christened, nor have the god parents, i just fibbed a bit :oops:

xxx

LOL LAYLA u didnt help with te fact im trying no to go to the loo till B is aslleep lol
:dance:

Last year my sister was asked to be a godmother ten minutes before the ceremony! Her friend's lil brother was in a communion class in school - as most state schools are catholic over here (long story) then the children receive sacraments and are prepared as a class (which also means that as a primary teacher I have to teach religion which I don't think is a good thing). Anyway the lil fella had never been christened, but wanted to receive his communion and so had to be - at eight. My sister is a really good friend and so stepped in at the last moment!

Good luck at your christening and be thankful that you're not in a Baptist church or you would be wise to wear your swimsuit to the ceremony! :lol:

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back