Choc-Orange Cake Anyone?

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
Had a lovely time this week relaxing in the garden but today its cloudy so I thought I would bake this gorgeous choc-orange cake.

I always bake for work when its my birthday or Christmas or like when I left for mat leave and I hardly ever bake for just me & hubby. Usually because I'm on slimming world.............well not at the moment so I thought I would treat us both while I had the opportunity!

Tuck in girls help yourself to a slice, theres loads to go round :D

Click on pic for a bigger slice!

Im not usually a fan of cake but that looks delicious!!! :D

That looks GOOD!

I'm an avid baker too, what have you used as the filling- it looks almost marbeled.

Alex xxx

ASD123456 said:
That looks GOOD!

I'm an avid baker too, what have you used as the filling- it looks almost marbeled.

Alex xxx

yea it is, its just buttercream. One normal and one with melted chocolate orange mixed into it then just spread both onto the sandwich for a marbled effect

Brilliant, I'll have to try that one day. Well done on that cake though, I just wish I could have some :D

ASD123456 said:
Brilliant, I'll have to try that one day. Well done on that cake though, I just wish I could have some :D

Its the best chocolate cake ever IMO & easy to make just basic chocolate sandwich and I covered the top with melted choc orange & then the buttercream I mentioned in the middle.

:shock: WOW!! it looks gorgeous hun!!
I want to go and make one now..tho i doubt mine would look as good as yours I'm not so great in the kitchen!! (might just go buy one!! :rotfl: )

:shock: u must be a fantastic cook!! that looks amazing!!

BeckyJ said:
:shock: u must be a fantastic cook!! that looks amazing!!

I do enjoy cooking & especially baking but I do try and aim for easy recipes, this ones really easy. I dont mind sharing, if anyone wants it then I will post on here, just let me know.

YUM YUM YUM! :shock: my speciality is lemon drizzle cake its delicious...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM i think im going to have to bake myself a cake now!!

OMG that looks beautiful!!! Was thinking today i should buy a book on baking never done it before but sure it would be something LO's remember doing with their mummys when they grow up :) xx

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that cak is lovely yum yum

so jealous :oops: wish i could cook well enough to make a cake
James would die from shock if i did though :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back