chlamydia

trixipaws

Reaction score
melissa has had yellow goo coming out of her eyes since she was one week old, and shes been on 3 different types of drops/ointments which none of them worked. she had some swabs taken and she has both streptococcus 2 and chlamydia in them, which she needs antibiotics for 2 weeks.
im concerned about how she got chlamydia. i asked the doc and he said if he knew that he'd be a millionaire :shock:
my boyf and i were both treated for chlamydia a couple of years ago after i found out i had it (punishment for my slutty teenagerhood!) and we werent allowed to hav sex for the week that we were on antibiotics- but we gave in 2 temptation once. i stopped it b4 any "exchange" happened but now im thinking what if iv still got it and iv given it 2 millie during the birth? does any1 kno if thats possible? i feel really bad :(

Just noticed this post, I dont really have much advice to give you about the whole thing but all I can suggest is to get a test and see if you still have it. Dont feel guilty about it, if you do have it then its not like you knew about it! I found out (much to my horror!) 3 years ago that I had chlamydia, I had been with hubby for 3 years at the time so I was really worried about my fertility and stuff but luckily I never had any probs concieving. I reckon there are loads of people with chlamydia who have had kids and dont even know they have it. I only had the test to rule it out as I had been reading how common it was - never expected it to be positive!! Take care and dont give yourself a hard time about it. Its probably nothing to do with your past infection. :hug:

I had chlamydia a few years ago and it can be passed on through the birth, I had to have a swab whilst I was pregnant to check for thrush and they checked for that too (Only to be sure nothing else could get passed onto baby) I'd get checked over to be safe though!

I think they would have found it when you were pregnanct if you had it. They usually do checks like that. Well they did me anyway.

Flame said:
I think they would have found it when you were pregnanct if you had it. They usually do checks like that. Well they did me anyway.

Yeah they did with me too, I got swabbed for everything about 3 times when I was having Nathan. I don't see where else she would of got it from though :?

Yeah i got checked for it as well while i was pregnant, but i suppose different areas do it different ways maybe?

i didnt hav any swabs taken while pregnant. i'v been researching on the internet tho and it does seem most likely she got it from me :( it sounds really scary it can damage eyes and stuff :(
im a bit annoyed they didnt do routine swabs on me tho and also didnt put drops in her eyes after the birth. also why it wasnt diagnosed sooner, from what i'v gathered on the internet its classic symptoms to start at 6 days of age- exactly the age she was when hers appeared.
im really worried im gonna make an appointment 2mro to find out more informnation and when i can get her eyes tested, and also if and when my boyf and i need 2 get tested again.
got to give her antibiotics, 4 times a day for 2 weeks and she hates it. i feel so bad, especially if this is my fault. :(

I had to have a test done for Chamydia before i had a test done to test wether tubes were blocked or not as i was told it could take the infection up if it did.

best to get yourself checked out even if it just puts your mind at rest

Regardless of this you certainly never did this deliberatly and its not like you chose to ignore medical advice as it was something you didn't know about.

The anti bodies in my blood are a result of a bloodteransfusion i had more than likely and that resulted in D having jaundice so i get the guilt but it wasn't in your control.

we all have pasts its whet we do with our present and future that counts

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back