Children Not Doing House Chores?

lilacdoll

Reaction score
My children are already grown-ups but they seldom help with our chores. They always hold their phones and in front of the computer. Is it because I have not trained them at their younger age. What's the best advice for children who seldom help and uninterested in home chores?

Turn the WiFi off until they’ve done as you’ve asked! Soon get there attention! :D

Turn the WiFi off until they’ve done as you’ve asked! Soon get there attention! :D

LOL...Nevertheless, that's one good idea as long as they are not aware that I turned it off.:)

Don't do things for them/charge them rent/give a deadline to move out unless you see some behavioural change.

Also, firstly make clear your expectations to both of them around chores.

Don't do things for them/charge them rent/give a deadline to move out unless you see some behavioural change.

Also, firstly make clear your expectations to both of them around chores.

Thanks, you are correct with it! That's exactly what I'm trying to do with my kids these days. I gave them some responsibilities inside the house and I think its working.

Wifi is a good suggestion - My mum used to turn the wifi off if we didn't do something she wanted. Got us working pretty quick. She also turned it off at 10pm so we couldn't stay up online. She had a special password lock on it so we couldn't just turn it back on haha. If they're being that rude and you're paying the phone bill, I'd threaten to take the phones away if chores aren't don't by whatever time everyday. Clear expectations and consequences, as well as following through is key to getting kids to behave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back