• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Child tax credits

AugustMum

Reaction score
I have a child tax credits question :)

My child tax credits have been put up to £59 but I've also had a random £18.50 put into my account. Is this my backpayment?

If it is...will I get a letter explaining that this is what it is?

I didn't start getting payments for Paige until almost October and at the time I thought they owed me some money because they only started the payments from the beginning of September even though she was born in August. Also, Ive been getting paid £56 a week since December, so if they've got it wrong and upped it to £59...do they not owe me about £60?

I'll be a bit hacked off if £18 is my payment:(

Usually any backpayments are paid at the same time or day b4 ur new payment. Because your tax credits are based on previous years income they go up/down at renewal and any owed since April will be spread over the rest of the year xx

I was expecting a bit back but ended up owing them cos they forgot to take my husbands income into account last year!! xx

So it looks like Ive got £18 then. Thats crap.

Im a single parent and my income last year was £1400 but only got £56 a week. Humph. I might just sulk now.

Are you working now? I know my friend gets approx 58 a week child tax cos she's on income support-think it's a standard rate regardless of previous incomes x

No not working now. Havent worked for over a year now, thats why I figured they'd backdate the time I wasnt getting the full amount. I thought it was because of my student loan but apparently they don't take that into consideration. :/

Ours has been put down :-(. £40 a month! What a f***ing joke! We are proper proper struggling at the moment and this is what we get. I'm severely pissed off! I'm self employed, and even though I took home ALOT LESS than the previous year, my figure from the accountant is more?? I've questioned it and seemingly it's not just a case of adding up what wages I've had.

Sorry for hijacking your post Mel x

I only get £40 a month too and that's with 2 kids! It's shocking and even though I've been on mat leave their not sending me a renewal form, their keeping my credits the same!

I only get £40 a month too and that's with 2 kids! It's shocking and even though I've been on mat leave their not sending me a renewal form, their keeping my credits the same!

That's disgusting!! X

I got an extra sum in my bank about a month and a half ago but I never got a letter. I find they only write to you when you owe them!

do u know when the payment change from renewal? mine havent changed at all adn my oh earned loads less in the last year xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back