Chiico Next-2-me-bedside-crib vs Snuzpod

We have a Snuzpod...it's early days as she's only a week old so doesn't really like sleeping anywhere away from us hehe. :)
Pros...
The design is good, the bedding and mattress are very nice quality.
I like the versatility of it in that you can use it as a Moses basket or attached to the bed as a bedside crib.
The bassinet can be removed so could be carried to the bathroom while you shower or something.
Much bigger than the Moses basket, will last longer.

Cons...
These are quite specific to me so don't take them to heart too much! We are using it like a Moses basket rather than attached to the bed but as I have a tear and stitches I find it a struggle to get out of bed in the night as I can't shuffle down the bed past it and it is quite large and heavy to push away from the bed enough to swing my legs round.
She did sleep ok in there the first couple of nights but I've had to revert to the Moses basket until my stitches heal and I can get comfy!

I really think it'll work for us so will report back when we get a bit more use out of it. :) xx

We looked at these at Manchester baby show. We also saw a demo of the Bednest. We decided to rent one from Bednest. It has an opening side that means there is no gap between mattresses - which was my main worry when choosing a bedside crib. What's the point of having the crib close but then worrying about a gap! We are on a budget - who isn't? - so renting was a good option for us. Good luck x

oh that's alarming!

Did you actually see a gap between the bed and the crib when you saw them in Manchester Busy lady?

I thought about the renting option but decided it's not for me. This is out 1st child and they'll hopefully be others so I think buying is a better idea for us. Also, they seem to hold their second hand value well so we should be able to get quite a lot of the money back if we sell.

The Snuzpod attaches to your bed with straps and the zip down side goes over the gap if that makes sense...needs covering with a blanket but the baby couldn't fall done the gap if you attach them properly. It is height adjustable taking into account the height of your mattress when you build it :) x

IMHO - When we saw the zipped side we worried loose fabric could smother. Also depends if mattress sits in a frame - then there is a gap and the fabric side would just fall into it. Also it only has 6 heights so were concerned would not get a good match to our bed. Saw b'nest now guarantee to buy it back - seems a good idea if don't like rental. Also saw b'nest now being used to teach midwives about safe sleep in university. Of course we all have different opinions - can't all like the same. Just sharing our research - hope it helps xx

Busylady, which one was that, the Snuzpod or the Chicco?

I'll have a look at Bednest and see what I think

It was the Snuzpod. The. Chicco one was not for us because the opening side locks under the crib and you can't then close it from your bed - you have to get out of bed and detach the crib from your bed. So means sleeping with the side open. And the crib is permanently attached to the stand - can't lift off and leave stand in place by the bed. You have to move the whole thing. X

I have the Bednest too, although not used it as yet. It was the only bedside crib that would go high enough for our (stupidly high!) bed.

I also like the design, it looks nice, feels sturdy and has good resale value.

I've heard it's hard to get sheets the right size for the Chicco as I don't think it's a 'standard' size?

xxxx

We have the chicco- not used yet- but found mothercare travel cot sheets pretty much fit.

My friend suggested I get the SnuzPod, really pleased I did, it has a lot more features than the other cribs. With the SnuzPod you can zip the mesh wall up and down without removing the whole thing from the bed, you can also take the crib off and use it as a bassinet, which saves you having to buy one! It looks nice too :p I was considering the Bednest but I was worried about my baby hitting himself on the hard walls, the renting idea is good but I only if you are sure you’re not going to have another baby. The baby bay was out of my price range and I didn't like the idea of having no wall up after I had tended to my little one, with the SnuzPod I like zipping the wall back up. My beds a divan and I discovered that I would have paid even more for the extra kit if I was to go with bay bay. Ooo the SnuzPod rocks too which was a lovely feature I discovered helped settle the wee one.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Marie,
In the end I plumped for the Snuzpod. It looks great and was very easy to assemble. Obviously, can't say what it's really like yet till I have a baby to put in it but I have high hopes.
It keeps its resale value too so hopefully will make a fair bit of what I paid for it back

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back