Chicken Pox concerns

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
A work collegue has just had a call from her sons creche, he has chicken pox, spots on his back
I am worried, should I be worried?
I have rang my mum, she thinks I had pox as a child.
Am I just being neurotic??????!!!! :cry: :(

hi hun i was looking after a wee boy when i pg and there was a boy in his class with chicken pox i did mention it to the midwife as i was worried too i was sent to the doctor who looked at my notes and i had them as a child he did offer me to have an injection on me bum wasnt sure why i didnt take it but its just like an mmr vaccine only agains chicken pocks. Speak to your midwife or gp they will be able to advise you better

take care xxx

You can get chicken pox twice - (speak to my hubby) its important to stay away from anyone with chicken pox or measles esp in the first tri as baby is developing.

Hi when i was pregnant last year both my children had chicken pox at different stages of my pregnancy and the midwife said not for me to worry, and i was fine as was my son who's now a healthy 8 month old :)
Hope that helps ease your mind a little

Thanks gals...I am going to p into GPs tomorrow to pick up exemption forms anyway so will mention it.
Just got my booking in app, 31st May-first scan. So excited I feel sick!!!! Will only be 8.5 weeks, so hoping the little chap wont be so tiny I wont see anything!!!! :D
Did anyone else have a scan that ealy, can you see anything??? :D

Hi Zoe, a friend of mine went for her 12 week scan last week, only to be told her dates were wrong and she was about 8.5 weeks.

She had her scan vaginally and the pic is clear, but it really just looks like a tiny bean! She said you could see the heart beat though, and it was lovely.

Good luck,and don't forget to post your pic!

Hope things regarding the chicken pox are fine.

I am sooo jealous you have got a scan that early - how exciting!!! I would love a scan soon so I can get peace of mind. It is not long to go for you! wow! Let us know how it goes.

Will let you know when I get a date for mine.

Hope you are well! xx

I am so shocked it was so early, I only saw my GP last tuesday!!!! My sis is due two weeks before me, she waited two weeks for her app, and she has hers two days before me, she will be 10 weeks!!! Weird how different it is, we both live a few streets from each other and have different GPs.
I still cant believe I am pregnant, I just cant wait to se the little thing on a scan...I just know I will bawl my eyes out!!!!!!!!
I am feeling WONDERFUL at the mo, how you feeling Lynds? Its mad we are both due the same day!!! :dance:

I know, can't believe we are at exactly the same stage - it's fab! I am feeling good, a little tired but not too much, thirsty and boobs hurt. I wish I could get more excited but I am so scared that if i do, it could be taken away from me in a second. I worry too much! I need the scan for peace of mind!!! I will bawl too, it is going to be amazing!! Seeing my midwife on Tuesday so I will ask her about dates.

So excited for you! Cannot wait until May 31st so I can see your photos.

I am getting scared, its coz I want this so badly, I just dont want anything to go wrong.....I am reading loads of books and mags, and I think I am scaring myself with statistics of things that may go wrong......
As soon as I have that piccie, I will post it for ya xxx

Hi

i got the chicken pox twice as well both as a child.
Good luck with your scan so exciting to see your babes the first time.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back