Chester William 13-04-08 (Sorry its late!)

xkikix

Reaction score
He's not really a new arrival now he's nearly 3 months old but I thought i'd share my Birth story with you before I forget it altogether!

DH and I were in bed on friday night watching telly. At 11pm we were gonna switch of the TV cus Chris was working the next day. I hotched down the bed (I had a massive bump) then I suddenly felt wet down there. I told Chris and I think he thought i'd wet myself and I wasnt too sure myself cus I imagined my wters to be like a massive gush. Anyway went for my wee, then this liquid was still trickling out. We rang the labour ward, they said bring your bag and lets get you checked over. We were so excited! I rang my mum, Chris's mum, my brother! I was 37+1.

Arrived at labour ward at 12.30am, greeted by this miserable b!tch midwife. She basically told me to sit on this pad and let her know when it was wet so she could check it to make sure it was defo my waters. :? :? They also strapped my to the machine to check for contractions and fetal heart beat. It took around 2 hours til any more liqour came out :wall: and MW kept saying oh it cant have been your waters, but then I gushed a bit more so that shut her up! On the machine it showed I was having little contractions but it the babies heartrate had dipped to beloww 100 a few times which the MW was concerned about. She booked me into the fetal health unit for the follwing day to check babies heart rate to make sure it had stabilised and told me to go home. This was at 5am, I was booked into fetal health at 3pm. She told me labour would probably start within 24hours.

We went back to bed for a couple of hours but we were so excited and still had lots to do in preparetion for LO's arrival. I started to loose my plug and having little contractions which were very manageable about 8 mins apart.

We went to the FHU at 3pm and got hooked onto a machine, his heart rate once again dipped to below 100. I didnt realise this was serious as he was still kicking away in there. The midwife said I had to be induced that night due to my waters breaking and cus of his heart rate. She booked me in to go to one of the wards at 10pm that night. I was still having contractions so she told me to go home, hoover, climb stairs to try and get things going. I should have gone back to bed and got some sleep but instaed I was running round the house like a loon cus I wanted to do it for myself, not be induced!

Watched casualty (my fave tv prog!) then it was 9.30pm, time to go. God I felt so sick. The contractions were getting more intence, not too painful about 6 mins apart. I remember leaving home and Chris saying to me, the next time your home, we'll have our baby.

Arrived at the ward and got my own room. Hooked onto machine and contractions were still pretty bad. About an hour later the midwife called for a more senior midwife to heck my trace as his HR had dipped again. She did an internal as well (ouch) and I was 3cm dilated and wouldnt need to pessary :cheer: then, god knows what she did up there but something else went pop and I gushed water everywhere!!! Then the contractions got so so painful I was throwing up. They said labour ward were to busy to take me but hubby didnt have to go home, he could stay and they'd take me down as soon as possible.

I think they wheeled me to labour ward at about 1-2am. I thought this next midwife was horrible as well! Cus of babies dipping heart rate I had to stay on the bed and I found the contractions so sore, but when I moved round to go loo etc they were so much easier to deal with but I had to stay laying down. I hadnt had any pain relief so they gave me gas and air which I swear must have been faulty cus it did nothing for me! Chris tried it and it didnt do anything for him either. Then she offered me an epidural which I didnt want but was in so much pain any birth plan goes out the window! After 20 mins of having the epi I was a different person and the relief was amazing. even the horrible mw seemed alot nicer! Anyway I wasnt progressing very well, now only 4cm and they were getting very concerned about the baby that they started mentioning a c-section. They couldnt give me that drip to help things progress cus this can apparently upset baby.

The next bit is a total blur, but his heart rate got dangerously low that a c section was the only option. All I remember is them telling me to get ready into a gown. whipping my clothes of, getting catherterised, consent forms in about 2 minutes!

They wheeled me down to the theatre and chris got into scrubs. It was so strange having this team of people suddenly jumping on you getting prepped. I remember dreaded them doing the initial cut in case I felt it which I didnt! I was also reallt scared that I was shaking so much form the epidural that they'd cut me wrong! They whipped the baby out in about 6 minutes, very fast apparently. When they lifted him out it felt so starange. Like a massive pressure being taken off of my back. I heard him making little noises and asked the assistant whether he was ok etc she said yes he looks fine.

Chester William Robinson was born at 5.30am on 13-04-08, 8lb6oz, 37+3.

Chris went over to see him and bought him over for a few minutes. His head was so cone shaped where he'd got stuck in the birth canal. The midwife said there was no was he would have come out vaginally and that we got him out just in time. Then the mw and chris took my boy away to get washed and dressed.

I then started throwing up quite violently (i'd been given diamorphine) and was so out of it that I kept saying to the aneatitist (sp) that I didnt care if I'd die cus I'd die very happy and I'd created a beautiful boy. They just ignored me and pumped me up with more drugs!

About an hour after I gave birth I got my first cuddle, he looked so perfect and delicate. I was wheeled back to my room cuddling my boyI felt so proud. Even tho I did think he looked a bit odd with his cone head (I didnt realise they only lasted a few days maximum, his went completely down after 12 hours). Chris bottle fed him, he'd never fed a baby before. Then chris was sent home to sleep, both of us had only slept 2 hours in 72hours! Then it was just me and my baby left in the room and I was so scared!

Having the section was not as painful as I imagined and was walking about the next day. My scar is very neat and tidy and I was discharged on tuesday 15th April.

Thanks for reading my epic birth story xx

Here he is at 6 weeks, my fave pic of him.
Image055.jpg

And his daddys new tattoo with Chesters date of birth in roman numerals
01062008039.jpg

Congrats, he's so cute and what a good idea for a tattoo!

So glad it all worked out in the end for you and chester.

He is beautiful and worth all the drama.
Big CONGRATULATIONS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back