Charlotte Amy born 13th September

nikkif

Reaction score
Well things didn't quite go to plan but we have a beautiful baby girl Charlotte to make up for that!

I started with mild contractions on the mon night 10th Sept but ended up sleeping that evening and by the morning things seemed to have stopped which was disappointing! Then by Tue evening contractions restarted and were really painful, there was no way i was going to sleep through those. By 2a.m ish DH rang labour ward and we went in as the pain was really bad and pains close together.

They told me my cervix was very posterier and that i had only just started to dilate! Ended up going home. By 9a.m ish i just was finding it difficult to cope with the pain so was reassesed to find there had been little change :(

It wasn't till we went back on wed p.m at 10ish where i was told after an extremely painful examination (cevix still very posterier) that i was 5cm dilated but baby back to back, which explained to slow start to the labour. I was then admitted and very relieved that things were happening. I managed on gas and air for a few hours but was re-examined and told that i wasn't dilating any further and the head was flexed up so wasnt pushing on the cervix causing it to dilate. My waters were broken (not pleasant) to try and speed things up and they noticed meconium so were worried baby could be distressed. I was put on a monitor and baby seemed fine but they had to keep a close eye.

After another spell i was examined and not dilated further so put on a Syntocin drip and advised to have an epidural which i did. After 4 more hours i had only dilated to 6cm at most so was told i would have to have a C-section. Babies head was just not going to move therefore i wasn't going to dilate anymore. I was really upset but by this stage we had been through so much we just had to accept what was going to happen.

I had a spinal (very strange experience) and Charlotte was born at 10.55 am on 13th sept. SHe is absolutely gorgeous and we are over the moon with her! Charlotte weighed 8 pounds

I went home 2 days later as i wasn't having any problems and things are fine, although Charlotte seems to really like being cuddled and its hard to settle her in moses basket.This is getting better and we think she is very colicky which is causing her a lot of pain :(

I am doing ok with breastfeeding though it is very tiring!!

I will ty and get a piccie up soon
Sorry that was so long! :oops:
xx

Congratulations and well ddone, sounds like it wasnt very easy :hug: , enjoy herx
By the way I love her name,my middle daughter is a charlotte.

you shouldn't apologise for the length of your birth story - you've seen mine right?! :D
It's always a shame when things don't go to plan but the result is more than worth it!! Congratulations!!! :hug:

Congratulations. Looking forward to seeing a picture of Charlotte
:D

Congratulations :cheer:

Enjoy your wee girl, mine loves her cuddles too and is the only way she will go to sleep at night :roll:

Hi

Sorry things didnt go as planned hun i got ot 9a nd a half with Kiara and she got stuck but theres nothing you could of done.
Congrats on your baby girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back