Charlotte Paige

hels

Reaction score
Hello all....
As Simon told you the other day we have got our gorgeous 'charlie' with us. I have begged and pleaded and now im home. HURRRAHHHH!
Well its quite a long story, and a bit of a jumbled one for me, but bear with me!!
Sunday night i started with contractions by 01.30 they were quite fast and regular, and also painful, and by 4.30 they were still the same about 4 mins lasting 50 secs...so at 09.30 we went to the Birth Centre where they told me my BP was high, and the contractions had stopped, or not as regular anyway. So i went and had my BP monitored, where the contractions came back with avengence, so back to Birth Centre, where they told me i would have to go to hospital as my BP was way too high :(
they examined me and told me i was a whole 2 cm dialated (whoo!!)
Any way, they blue lighted me to Hull royal (highly embarrassing!)
by the time i got there it was straight in to the bath (where simon fed me my tea bless him!!) by 9pm (monday night) i was still only 4cm dialated, i was gutted, been 24hours with contractions!! Gas and Air wasnt really working for me, and i ended up with an epiduraal ( which for those who know me, know it was the last thing i wanted!!) Charlotttes heart rate was going as low as 40 bpm, and it was obvious she wasnt arriving just yet, she was also back to back, and wasnt totally head down, but head to the left, i was fully dialated by 3am (tuesday morning) tried pushing but nothing..i was ofered a c-section which i happily took, as i just wanted her safe. So down to theatre we went and at 04.26 Charlotte arrived, she had a tough time, cord around her neck 3 times, but she's obviously tough!! She weighed 6lbs exactly. Unfortunately she went to SCBU for a few hours, as her blood sugar was very low, and she was 'grunty' and had to have a naso-gastric feed tube in, but she is home and and really well. We are totally smitten with her!!
It sounds a not very nice birth story, and it was everything i DIDNT plan, but to those still awaitin the big day, keep an open mind, and it is the best thing i have ever ever done.
I have no regrets about it, the section or the epidural and they were my biggest fears. It was great and yes id do it again (defo if i had a section!! hurahhh ithey are great!!)
Any way hope i havent bored or worried you all to death!! just wanted to tell you the tale!!

Im not sure how to send pics, but will try and work it out!!

Aww Hels, sounds like a bit of a nightmare hun!!!

But now you are home with Charlotte, I bet it all seems worthwhile.

http://www.photobucket.com/

Try this for your photos. Can't wait to see them!!

welcome back hels, and well done! congrats to you and simon
and welcome to charlotte :D

hope you're all doing well
let us know how it goes xx

Congratulations, glad to hear that you are both well and home. Can't wait to see pics xxx

congratulations sounds like u didnt have it easy but at least she is here now
love sarah,braydon and bump

Hiya,

Glad you're home, safe and well and your little darling is fine. Sorry to hear you didn't have the birth you wanted. Hope you're getting plenty of rest now though.

Can't wait to see some piccies.

Nicki.x :D

congratulations hun cant wait to see the pics glad all ok now sorry you didnt get the birth you hoped for xxxxxxxx

Congratulations - I have sent you a PM xx

wow, what a story! Big CONGRATS to you!
and welcome to your very brave little girl! :)

Enjoy your time at home :D

Mel xx

Well done Hels, Charlotte arrived safely and that's the main thing. You're right, I'm keeping as open a mind as possible as at the end of the day you really don't know what circumstances you'll find yourself in.

Looking forward to some pics!

Lucy
40 + 3

Congratulations!!! Sounds scary but glad to hear all is now well! Its great to hear you say you would do it all again!!!!!!

Looking foward to those pictures!

L x

Congratulations - look forward to seeing the pics!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back