Changing my mind

Baileysmummy

Reaction score
Ok, i no its probably me silly to even think this, but last night i was in bed and thought to myself i actually want to give birth to this little one natrually...

I have a section booked just on the pure fact i want to get sterlised, but after thinking about what pain i was in after i had bradley after the section, i dont know if i want to go through that again, i know its ideal to get everything done and dusted at the same time, but im gonna be laid up for a day or so, after a normal birth i heal so quick..

What would you do, have a natural and go in for the sterlisation at a later date when hes older or just bite the bullet and have it done and get it over with..

am i being silly..

I voted no hun, i would want to at least try and give birth natural, if it was my last baby as you say you can always go in at a later date for it and you will be more mobile after the birth which is a big bouns :cheer: :hug:

I voted no... as if i was havin my last baby i would want to give birth and if anythin goes wrong at least you have the option of a section

Hope that makes sense :)

I personally have a fear of operations and being 'opened up' so im obviously going to opt for natural (obviously if i need a section myself that is something im going to have to do).

I think natural is best anyway and as you say you want a quicker recovery. i dont know if they can to 'key hole' surgery for streilisation or if you had it seperately it would be major surgery in its self.

couldnt you send mark for the snip, i think you have been thru enough!! :hug: :hug:

Personally with the problems you've had with the placenta previa and the placenta braking away I'd rather have a section due to the risks during labour.

Do you still have placenta previa? if so what sort is it? I'd make my decision depending on how the previa is.

:hug:
xSuzx

will they sterilize u at the same time because my hospital wouldnt because the failure rate is higher when done with a c section

xsuzx, the placental problem has calmed down now, it broke away when i was 26 weeks, and so far scans have showed no more, i guess though it would depend if it broke away more etc etc or started bleeding again..

mary70 yes hospital are prepared for me to have it done together..

me and dh spoke about it a week ago and he wants to go for the snip just because what the docs said about sterlisation failing and if i was to fall pregnant it could get stuck in tubes etc, but he wont have it done on his own and i no they wont do both of us..

Oh i dont know what to do, i want to go natural but i would have to wait again on the list to get done, and i could fall pregnant again in the meantime, thats what im scared of..

I should have had it done in january last year, so if i change my mind again im worried they wont do it after all...

i shall talk to my consultant on wednesday but i know he will try and get me to change my mind about the whle thing!

Arr ok I take it the placenta is no longer lowlying either then? If thats the case then personally I proberly would consider natural labour, as long as the hospital was comfortable with it.

I haven't voted though as I think is a decision that only you can make with out being swayed by what other people think they'd do.

:D
xSuzx

I would hate to have a c-section so i say that you give birth natural and make your OH get the snip.

i will NEVER get sterilzed, i have been though pregnancy and labour so it will be my OH turn to play a part in it all

but with ALLLL your problems i would'nt think the hospital would want you giving birth naturally

i wudnt have a section if it was by choice..

adn why u gettin "done" send ur bloke off for that special pleasure...

i put no, because:

1. u wanna try natural birth, and this will be ur last chance to do it if u DO get sterilized.

2. u might change ur mind about being sterilized later, its a big commitment do u need to think about it some more?

SSS get mark to have his chopped off not you!!! you've been through enough having 3 kids and all the complications etc.

mark if you're watching this get it chopped!!!! :rotfl:

:rotfl: budge you do make me laugh sometimes...

honestly we shall have to have a serious talk about it though, see what happens on wednesday when i suggest i want a natural birth to the consultant, mum is coming with me so no doubt she will have her say, as mums do eh! :wall:

Hi fiona, I voted no as Im a big believer in a vaginal delivery: heres my reasons why,

Whether you deliver vaginally or by cesarean section, you are unlikely to have serious complications. Overall, a routine vaginal delivery is less risky than a routine cesarean, which is a major surgery.

The stress of a vag labour will help the baby breath better and encourage natural steroids to mature the babys lungs

Vag birth hs a shorter recovery time and there is muchless chance of a infection then c section.

The baby will arrive undrugged as well, evidence supports that epidurals can effect babies slightly, though this is all short term.

You csn breastfeed easier after a vag birth, the baby will more likely be more responsive.

And my last point is that with a vag delivery you are in control of your body and your babys health, it is all together a moe fufilling and beautiful experience then a section.

You do have the right to have key hole surgery after your baby is born, all together less invasive and a lot less recovery time. Who wants theit stomach ripped open when yuo can have a few tiny scars instead.
Plus its your last baby, let the memory count! :D

Its absolutely ridiculous to have major abdominal surgery just to get sterilised.

No woman should get sterilised in my opinion when it takes 10 minutes and a bit of local anaesthetic to do a vasectomy.

:x

Hellokitty said:
Its absolutely ridiculous to have major abdominal surgery just to get sterilised.

No woman should get sterilised in my opinion when it takes 10 minutes and a bit of local anaesthetic to do a vasectomy.

:x

no need to get nasty about it hun... i may have tyo have abdominal surgery anyway as my last baby was c section, so if i do then it wont be stupid will it, can have it all done at the same time :wink:

and its me that doesnt want more kids... not mark..

alot of women do it..

mrs_tommo22 thank you for your opionions, will take them on board.. :hug:

No shes not getting nasty, i can where shes coming from.

It s more invasive for women to get sterilized, and it takes minutes for men to get done :D

It is mad though to think you could have a vag birth that goes eally well, but your getti ng sectioned and done at the same time?

Wht not opt for key hole? much less stress.

mrs_tommo22 said:
it takes minutes for men to get done :D

Even quicker if you use two bricks :rotfl:

Have you chatted to them about your choices now? If you have this heart problem the strain of labour might be too much for you and the section might be the safest for you and the baby. :?

I wouldn't rush into making a decision just to get sterilised though, there are plenty of other less permanent contraception methods available :hug:

With the problems you have had/got. I would seek medical opinion. Maybe they could go through all the options with you and talk you throught the pros and cons of each.

I think it is up to you really so therefore I haven't voted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back