Anti depressants

Dee1985

Reaction score
Didnt no what section to post this but i wounder if any one can help.

i dont want to go in to detail but i think i might have depression? i feel silly saying it but read that u can get post natal depression up to a yr after giving birth?
dior is 11months old?
or is it just normal depresion?

well either way my question is can u take anti depressants while pregnant?

It could always be pre-natal depression that a lot of women get during pregnancy - either way the best thing to do is get help asap, nip it in the bud quickly!!

Lots of love

Like Kerry sid it could be pre-natal but you can develop post-natal months after the birth. Best thing to do is to talk to your Dr, not sure if you can take anti depressants, I was advised not to because I am breast feeding but not sure if it is different for different types. However there is other treatments out there like counselling etc. I am seeing a Community Psychiatric Nurse for my depression. I have yet to meet them but have seen one before and they were great. Hope you get something sorted x

how is it diagonised?
does the doc just go by what u tell him?
or do you have tests and stuff??

sorry but im clueless in this department i was just listening on the radio the other day and it was a lady pleeding for woman to get help as soon as they think they might be as it distroyed her life and marriage....

i aint like suiciadle or any thing crazy
its just the last month or so

Your Dr will diagnose it. I have never had tests, I just explained how I felt, I have had many different symptoms, I am tired all the time, not eating very well, teary and anxious etc. There are types of depression where people do have suicidal thoughts and it can affect relationships 9it has affected mine) but not all depressions have these symptoms. I would talk to your Dr and see what they say. I do know that some Dr's can be a bit unhelpful so if you feel that you are not being taken seriousl;y you have a right to a second opinion. Even your midwife would be able to help, it is important that you let your midwife know. PM me if you need to talk, (((hugs))) x

HI THANKS BEANIE..
i hate talking to doctors infact i hate all doctors iv got past the stage of taking dior now when she is unwell and just dealing with it my own way as they always say no she is fine when i know my baby to well to no that she isnt i went once to my doctor with terrible back ache and he sent me home with paracetemol which oviously didnt help!! oh well iv got a new doctor now as i have moved house its a female dr... never met her, hope she is nice..

im going to give it a week as im working then if things aint better. il just give it a go..

thanks for your support i knew i could count on u girls on this forum x

Hi Dionne!

I have been recently diagnosed with depression. I had a conversation with my midwife during a routine visit and I was expressing alot of my concerns and fears and from that she was able to tell that I was beginning to suffer from depression and one of my biggest fears was going into labor why I have noooo clue considering this is my 5th child but everything seems very different this time around. She went into telling me that because of my fears it could actually prolong labor and my body will actually fight going into labor as its way of protecting itself and because of my past c-section she would not be able to induce me. Her advice was to put me on a anti depressant which I was not happy about because I felt like I was a failure and a nut job but I agreed because she knows what is best so she placed me on Zoloft which has done wonders and I feel like myself again!!! My fears are gone!! So my suggestion is you talk to someone and if they suggest meds then I would say TAKE THEM they do help!!! PM me if you would like to talk.

(((((((HUGZ))))))))

xoxo Ree

really, il give it ago then, not some thing i would like any one to no thou dont want ppl thinking im a wierdo, i hope my gp or doc is as helpfull as yours can see my midwife rather then my doctor then.

I'm like you didn't and don't want anyone to know but I know and I notice the difference so just stay open minded about it. My MW is a blessing and I can talk to her about anything, she's delivered almost all of my children except for 1 but was there for it and they were all on her time. So I am very lucky!!!!

xoxo Ree

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back