Cervix

Cori

Reaction score
How many days before ovulation does your cervix open? Is it posible to get pregnant before it opens if you only BD once around 3 or 4 days before you ovulate?

I'm new to this cervix positioning too Cori, dont really understand it. Not any help I know. :doh:

It's ok Donna, lol. I still haven't plucked up the courage to stick my finger up there :lol:

Oh :lol: Done that bit and at the mo it's always quite high. Has been for nearly a week. Still means nothing though.

Hey Cori,
Yeah!!!! this is the first question I can answer (well half of it anyway) :dance:
Yep you could still get pregnant :D Sperm can live for up to 6/7days.
If you did get BFP, then the chances are it would be a girl! As they are the slower swimmer that live for longer! Just been reading "FAQ's about TTC and BBT and CM charting" which is REALLY good.
Not sure about cp, but I think other ladies have said it opens quite quick. My guess is... when its open your fertile and BD BD BD!! I'm still new to checking my cp too xx

MrsU said:
Not sure about cp, but I think other ladies have said it opens quite quick. My guess is... when its open your fertile and BD BD BD!! I'm still new to checking my cp too xx

that's what I've heard too. supposedly i'm due to ovulate in a couple of days but I am still closed and firm (lovely how we know each other's intimate details isn't it :lol:) and I was wondering how quickly it happens. Apparently you can go from 'infertile' to 'fertile' CP overnight so I guess it's a case of just keeping at it around the right sort of time and keeping an eye (or a finger) on your CP for when it does happen...

Good luck!!

buddabun said:
(lovely how we know each other's intimate details isn't it :lol:)

Its great :lol: :lol:

Hubby thinks I'm PF crazy, I don't post much but i'm always reading!
I've even enlisted hubbys help with cp :oops:
He came home to me "woo hunny, i found my own cervix! Have a feel" :oops: :oops:
you godda laugh :lol: Please tell me I'm not the only one! :rotfl:

Thanks girls!

So it's not a waste of time trying before it's opened? I know sperm can live up to 5 days, even 7, but I thought they hung out in the tubes and don't they have to pass through the cervix to get to the tubes and wait for the egg to be released? How will they get into the cervix if it's closed? :?

im new to all this too but mine was open the day i got a strong pos on a ov stick x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back