• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

cervix positions

muppetmummy

Reaction score
Is anybody still checking their cervix position? Has it changed from the first thread?

Mine's still too high to reach! I want it to come down and say hello :wall:

I havent got a clue what i'm feeling for! :oops:

I kinda had a bit of a feel yesterday but I dont know what i'm looking for!!

The reason I had a bit of a feel was cus the past week of so my "bits" feel different when I'm walking about, like they do after sex :oops: so i wondered if anything had happened!!

I'm still too squeamish to check. I wouldn't know what I was feeling for either to be honest.

No I wouldn't know what I was looking for either and would get really freaked out now in case I felt baby's head :shock:

:lol: I think I'd faint if I felt the babys head! I'm just impatient and want to know what's going on up there.

The cervix normally feels like the tip of your nose, or lips and it's like a cone shape that hangs down.
Mine's gone AWOL since I've been pregnant, it's hiding up there somewhere!

Ewwwww..... no I couldn't, I'm far too squemish, and like the others I wouldn't know what I was looking for. Plus I have really long nails at the moment and would worry about doing some damage!

I think its meant to be doughnut shaped.
I'm not at all squemish when it comes to my own body, i think its fasinating (possibly a little odd i know) I know that as i get close to due date i will be having a feel around, and i know if i felt babies head i'd just be pleased she was coming soon.

AND if i got over due i will be attempting my own sweep, if i cant reach myself i will be forcing a certain someone to do it for me

I'm not that squeamish so I might have another go tonight!

I definatley didnt feel anything like a nose or lips last time I checked tho. Are you checking yourself or getting hubby to do it? He's got longer fingers than me (eeeeeeewwwwwwww!!)

I'm trying really hard to leave everything alone until Friday night as I can't go to the midwife unit and use the pool until Saturday. Then I'm going for a full scale investigation :D

Mines higher than it was 3 weeks ago. Can reach it okay though. I think it is 1cm dialated and has been for quite a long time. Not worried as it feels firm.

I gues you can safely say that I am not squeemish :lol:

I've been doing it myself. Used to be able to reach it even at it's highest point when ttc, now it's vanished!

My God Becs - your so clued up!

How do you know your 1cm dilated? I wish I knew all this stuff

you can feel a hole in the tip of it, if it's dilated. As it dilates more you'll be able to get some fingers in, though I wouldn't recommend that!!

Mine had a hole in to start with cos once you've had a baby it remains slightly open.

muppetmummy said:
I've been doing it myself. Used to be able to reach it even at it's highest point when ttc, now it's vanished!

:rotfl: I have visions of a vanished cervix with a 'If found please return to muppetmummy' sticker on it :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry my bad :shock: :shock: :oops:

I'm not squeamish but just don't fancy putting my hand up there :) think i'll be leaving it to the experts xx

Didnt even know you could do this! Just went on www.ask.com, to find out....here's a tip I found for any ladies wanting a try...cant say how accurate it is....

<http:
How to Check Your Own Cervix- "it's not rocket science"

"I think it's a good and empowering thing for a woman to check her own cervix for dilation. This is not rocket science, and you hardly need a medical degree or years of training to do it. Your vagina is a lot like your nose- other people may do harm if they put fingers or instruments up there but you have a greater sensitivity and will not do yourself any harm.

"The best way to do it when hugely pregnant is to sit on the toilet with one foot on the floor and one up on the seat of the toilet. Put two fingers in and go back towards your bum. The cervix in a pregnant woman feels like your lips puckered up into a kiss. On a non-pregnant woman it feels like the end of your nose. When it is dilating, one finger slips into the middle of the cervix easily (just like you could slide your finger into your mouth easily if you are puckered up for a kiss). As the dilation progresses the inside of that hole becomes more like a taught elastic band and by 5 cms dilated (5 fingerwidths) it is a perfect rubbery circle like one of those Mason jar rings that you use for canning, and about that thick.

"What's in the centre of that opening space is the membranes (bag of waters) that are covering the baby's head and feel like a latex balloon filled with water. If you push on them a bit you'll feel the baby's head like a hard ball (as in baseball). If the waters have released you'll feel the babe's head directly.

"It is time for women to take back ownership of their bodies."
-Gloria Lemay, Vancouver, BC <http>

shadow said:
If you push on them a bit you'll feel the baby's head like a hard ball (as in baseball). If the waters have released you'll feel the babe's head directly.

Eeeeewwwwww! :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back