Cervix Position, calling all CP experts

holly;

Reaction score
posted in the chart stalkers thread and then realised that not everyone would look in there :doh:

i'm between 11DPO and 13DPO, now i'm not a CP expert.. at all.. but today my CP is ALOT ALOT ALOT lower than it has been since i started checking a month ago, it wasn't even this low yesterday.

does this mean anything this late in DPO ?
is AF just round the corner ?

also (TMI warning) had white creamy CM for the past week ish and today it's a lot more watery, and not half as white as it was when creamy.

trying to figure out if AF will be here Sunday.. or Tuesday. if at all as i will not be happy if it's tuesday as i'll be at work and my AF cramps have me doubled over not being able to move :(

Hi sweetie - usually if you're about to start af your cervix will raise, soften and open a bit.

eh :?

it's deffinately highest it's been so far, and i'd say medium.. not softest it's been either.

grr, all this TTC lark is confusing.

Consider yourself lucky I can't even find mine!

Did you enjoy shopping??

xx

Mine is about the same right now - I can barely reach it, but that's not much help to you because I have no idea wtf my body is up to these days. :?

shaunie_louise said:
Consider yourself lucky I can't even find mine!

Did you enjoy shopping??

xx

men :roll: not even gone yet. leaving in half a hour. i'll go on my own if they're not off the damn XBOX.

Ok girls I'm completely lost. Could someone please explain what this post is about? What exactly are you doing?!? Please excuse the stupidness that is me!

Ok, that's exactly why I won't let my dh have a games system.

High cp can mean that you're fertile and about to ovulate or it can mean that you're about to start af. Also, when you're pregnant (usually later on, tho) your cervix closes and goes high.

Basically, estrogen in your system tells the cervix to soften and get higher, so even if you're not about to ovulate, if there is enough estrogen active, it will start to move northward and soften, but you will generally have the cm to match.

Noodles said:
Ok girls I'm completely lost. Could someone please explain what this post is about? What exactly are you doing?!? Please excuse the stupidness that is me!

Cervical position and feel of the cervix (soft, medium or hard). The cervix gives you all sorts of clues as to how fertile you are, and it's one of the things that we tend to check while charting (but you don't have to be charting to keep track).

Ok next stupid question...

How do I check? And how do I know what I should feel?

Noodles said:
Ok next stupid question...

How do I check? And how do I know what I should feel?

You check by sticking a finger up there and feeling it. :D It's a doughnut-shaped thing, and there are three things to check for:

height in your vaginal canal (cervical position)
does it feel like the tip of your nose - hard, your lips - soft, or somewhere in between - medium (cervical texture)
is it closed, medium, or open (cervical opening)

Basically everyone is different and the only way to know what's normal for you is to start checking it every day. The best time to check is in the morning, and you should check at the same time every day and only once because your cervix can change several times in one day.

*waves a magic wand at you* Come to the charting dark side, my dear.... :lol:

Ok!

And here was me thinking I would just come off the pill and let nature take it's course. But I can see this being a mission

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back