• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cervical opening question.

buddabun

Reaction score
Ok so I was curious today and had a prod and I found my cervix very easily - I figured out that it was 'low' and 'firm' but can't tell what 'open'/'closed' is supposed to feel like. I Figure it's 'closed' (as I'm clearly not ovulating and the other signs suggest it should be) but can anyone explain to me what a closed and open cervix will actually feel like? The websites have said hard is like your nose, soft is like your lip. I found it fairly easily (up to 2nd knuckle on my finger :oops: ) but I can't find anything to tell me how you feel the difference between 'open' and 'closed'.

Thanks ladies, sorry for the grim question but I know you'll understand if anyone eh? :wink:

Thanks Lilly! I have seen photos of cervixes before when I had my smear. The nurse had a whole chart of them on the wall. Really put me off :puke:

Off to look at that link now :)

personally the difference is massive, when closed i can just about feel a little slit but when open there is a distinct hole.

I read earlier if you havent had children its difficult to tell unless its open.

Ive only been checking the last couple of days and there was a difference - could tell!

Is it possible to concieve when the cervix is closed? For example if you were to BD just once 3 or 4 days before ovulation before the cervix had opened, would you still have a chance of concieving?

well your doing better than me, i can get the open/closed bit its the high/low i am lost with :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back