cd 50+ convinced gp to do bloods

toscacat

Reaction score
So I went to gp told him about the two positives and many negatives and my concern about sis and mum having pcos. He's not convinced but has done bloods for glucose, full blood count, fsh , lh and bhcg so at least when they come back its a starting point. Will post result when i get them! How will I know what lh and fsh should be when we dont know where in cycle I am?

So I went to gp told him about the two positives and many negatives and my concern about sis and mum having pcos. He's not convinced but has done bloods for glucose, full blood count, fsh , lh and bhcg so at least when they come back its a starting point. Will post result when i get them! How will I know what lh and fsh should be when we dont know where in cycle I am?

not sure on this one hun. i'm going back for my bloods on

wednesday which will be 7DPO for me - good luck and let us know

clara x

try asking in ltttc hun - ladies in there with pcos may be able to advise

ah well done for convincing ur gp to do them hun and fx everyting comes back ok for u xx

So bloods are back and gp believes they are normal but how can he say that when I don't know what day in my cycle I am on?
Lh 17
Fsh7.8
Any one have any advice? I thought a ratio of fsh/lh of 2:1 meant pcos. So confused just feel like he may bot have looked properly as he was reluctant to test

Toscacat - Don't know anything about it yet, but am due to have blood test next Fri, so hopefully will know soon... Do you have any idea when you ov?? x

Well not really but going on cm I had loads of ewcm around the time of bloods. Thinking it through it was probably 4-5days before bloods so I suppose its possible that its just after or about the time of surge. Thank you ceebee I hadn't linked the two together before !

Last edited:
Well, I'm no expert and still trying to get my head round it all, but the test i'm having is done about 7 days after ov - not sure if that's the same test you had? Anyway, if your doc isn't being very helpful, perhaps you could try someone else - I had to change my doc a while ago as I was having to fight my gp for everything I wanted. New doc is much better :) Let us know how you get on xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back