cat repellent

trixipaws

Reaction score
is there such a product???!!

one of our cats keeps tearing wallpaper off the wall downstairs in the hallway. is there something i can put on the wall to repel him? preferably something natural, i'd be worried about breathing fumes harming my baby. (or the cats!)
he's 12 months old and neutered. anyone have any tips on how to stop him?

It looks crap but a non-chemical alternative is tin foil. Cats don't like walking on it.

A few bits of orange peel on it will put them off too, they hate citrus smells :D

I have the same problem with my kittens on the landing. If anyone can come up with a solution, I am all ears!

Have you tried a quick shot with a water pistol? Cats usually hate water, except for mine who sticks his head under the running tap to get wet :?

Yes there is - I bought it (the herbal one), but my cat took to licking it so it didn't work :rotfl:

I was going to suggest tin foil too.

Water pistol is another idea too as suggested but don't aim it directly at the cat, just in the general direction of where they are being naughty.

Try the tin foil first.

Ive heard pepper works (or was it pepper sauce), but i dont actually know if it works. I just throw things at my cat if he misbehaves (eg socks, nothing too heavy lol)

We cover our back garden in pepper (you can buy in pet/garden type shops a big tub of pet-pepper stuff) just shake over areas and they stay away!! :)

thanx 4 ur replies ladies. i do discipline my cats with water but usually theyre naughty when i'm not there, by the time i found what theyve done its too late; i have caught him a few times but by the time i'd have filled up a pistol or a cup he'd no longer be doing it, and wouldnt kno why some nasty human was wetting him!

minxy and tangerinedream, i do appreciate ur suggestions and im not making fun, but i did laugh when i got a mental image of me smearing our wall with pepper sauce and sticking bits of orange peel to it! :rotfl:

trixipaws said:
minxy and tangerinedream, i do appreciate ur suggestions and im not making fun, but i did laugh when i got a mental image of me smearing our wall with pepper sauce and sticking bits of orange peel to it! :rotfl:

:rotfl: I did mean tin foil and orange peel on the FLOOR so your cats won't go near the wall but appreciate the mental image! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back