Cat experts?

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
Had a major crisis!!! the 7 weeks old kitten decided to dunk herself in paint which I stupidly left out :wall: I only noticed cos she put it all oer carpet, which cleaned thank god! but bathed her in warm water and bathed her eye which was covered in paint so we washed it with cold water and when we pulled her out of the bath and Tommo then squeezed her eye shut and got rid of the paint on her eye and her eye is now clear and reacting to us when we put our finger near her eye.

She is going to the vet Monday but is there anything ekse we can do?

I'd just make sure she has plenty of clean water to drink as she'll be grooming a lot more and could use the extra spit to rinse it through!

Poor kitty, hope she's OK xx

I think she is :cry: shes still a bit damp from her bath and is snuggled up to her mother taking milk - I really hope shes ok when I get up in the morning, shes such a pretty little thing.

Thanks Minxy, water is down!

Aww poor kitty, hope all is ok & vets give her the all clear on monday. Let u know :)

I would give the vets a ring, have you got an emergency number? Its just that paint is obviously toxic if ingested and they may have something special they can give her just in case, i am sure you would know by now though if she had as she would be very quiet and lethargic

Ah yes, the strange allure of paint - it seems to call the cat! Fortunately we've not had an eye incident, the closest was his nose. Why do they love walking through paint so much?!? You'd think the smell would get to them. I'm assuming it was water based paint rather than oil based. It sounds like you've done everything you can so don't worry. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Awwww poor kitty. SOunds like you've done the right things hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

I dont know if you have a Vets Now or PDSA near you, it might be worth trying to ring them, although if they ask you to call in it can be very expensive with out of hours fees :(

i wouldnt worry too much hun ive kept cats for over 20 years and had many accidents and mishaps over the years including paint as long as youve got it off her she should be fine keep an eye on her and the mother also as the mother probably still grooms her they might be a bit sick or get the runs and possibly foaming at the mouth if at all worried phone vets for advice they may be able to suggest something over the phone
we had a cat who did this when little he started foaming at the mouth and i had a mad panic phoned vets who told me to give him another bath and use washing up liquid on his fur to keep him warm and give him lots of water and no food for 24 hours
good luck hope all is well xxxxxxx

Awww hun, poor little kitten... hope it is alright. How is the wee thing doing?

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa

awww! sorry cant help but hope shes ok. let us kno on monday wont u

In the end I called the vet out, I was worried. But the vet came and looked her over and said she was very healthy and her eye was fine (phew), and a saline based solution just in case. She was really nice and didnt charge me for the drops just her coming to my house.

So im relieved nd shes back to driving me mad again and her eye is fine, lovely and clear.
The vet said we did exactly the right thing, so im relieved - I thought she may have been blinded by it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back