Casts of Hands or Feet

Mildly

Reaction score
A friend of mine had casts done professionally of her 3 month old daughters feet and they look great. She gave me the leaflet and it looks like having either hands or feet done is £65. I think this is a bit out of our price range so started looking at the DIY kits on ebay which are much more reasonable. Does anyone have any experience of having casts of their LO's feet or hands done either DIY or professional? Are the DIY kits a real hassle or is it ok with two people? Also I was wondering if you would post pictures of the results, if you wouldn't mind. I was thinking of doing a few and getting them framed for grandparents in readiness for Christmas maybe :D

Thanks in advance :D

Iv been thinking this too for christmas pressies, dont know anywhere you can get them done professionally but iv seen some kits about the place and on ebay but im not sure how easy they look to me :think:
Along with how i can get some cute teeny first week handprints to keep but im not sure what i can use thats not bad for her :doh:

Oooh I saw some specific baby hand/footprint kits on ebay too like this one. There are quite a few other ones too at varying prices.

You probably know but Urchin does finger print jewelry (link is in her sig) and it looks gorgeous! Dunno if thats the type of thing your after though? We got sent a little DIY hand print set from my OHs familly we are gonna give that a go soon :)

We made have made handprints and footprints a few times as well as a bit of freestyle painting lol, and just used non toxic washable paints from mothercare, i think they are crayola, we just tip a bit on a plate and dip her hands/feet in! Only cost a few quid for the paint and we have used it loads since.

Feet are definately easier than hands early on - we had a lot of fist prints co she wouldnt uncurl her fingers! :lol:
Urchin made fingerprint keyring for me for a fathers day pressie, it wasnt too easy, think eva was about 8 weeks but i used her thumb print as it was easiest to get to and clearest print and it came out lovely :D thanks urchin :wink:

I havent tried a cast but i would think thats gonna be easier with feet than hands!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back