Carrot!!!!!!!!!!

Rosieroo

Reaction score
Ella had her first taste of something other than boobie tonight. I gave her a piece of raw carrot and she liked it :D

eba00550338f00000105.jpg

eba00550338f00000106.jpg

eba00550338f00000107.jpg

awwwwwwwwww what a cutie!!! She's so adorable, I could just eat her :D

Bless her, she looks like she likes carrot. How did she get on with it? Am thinking of starting to wean Seren next week when she is 17 weeks as I think that my milk isn't filling her up enough at night :(

Awwwwwwww...i cant wait!!!
so cute!

beanie said:
Bless her, she looks like she likes carrot. How did she get on with it? Am thinking of starting to wean Seren next week when she is 17 weeks as I think that my milk isn't filling her up enough at night :(

She just liked having a good suck/drool/munch on it. I'm thinking of trying baby led weaning where you don't give them pureed food. Instead it works on the basis that babies learn to chew etc when you give them proper food like carrot/broccoli etc and by the time they are 6 months they will usually starting swallowing some of it (obvioulsy not if it's completely raw though!). That's a very basic analysis of it, but there is more info on the web. She doesn't really need the food at the moment, but I thought I'd introduce her to holding it, tasting it and different textures. She doesn't eat it though.

rosieroo said:
beanie said:

She just liked having a good suck/drool/munch on it. I'm thinking of trying baby led weaning where you don't give them pureed food. Instead it works on the basis that babies learn to chew etc when you give them proper food like carrot/broccoli etc and by the time they are 6 months they will usually starting swallowing some of it (obvioulsy not if it's completely raw though!). That's a very basic analysis of it, but there is more info on the web. She doesn't really need the food at the moment, but I thought I'd introduce her to holding it, tasting it and different textures. She doesn't eat it though.

Did you read about that in the baby magazine that you get from WH Smiths (can't remember the name). I am really interested in that but haven't read too much about it as she was doing ok on just milk. It made a lot of sense to me though.

rubie had 11oz of milk today and was crying for more so i thought she MUST be ready for solids and tried her with a mouthful of baby rice but she just spat it out and cried :roll:

Don't blame her, it loooks vile lol. Perhaps best introducing it when she is not upset and really hungrey, we were advised to do it half an hour before usual feed?

ah right i will try that - thanks beanie!!

oh bless she looks so cute, seems to be really enjoying it!

Hi

Seems to really enjoy it lol very cute pics.
Katrina

but I thought I'd introduce her to holding it, tasting it and different textures.
i do this with ruben too. he gets to lick the raw fruit and veg i'm eating, just because i want him to get used to a variety of tastes and textures from as early on as possible! obviously at 2 1/2 months i don't let him swallow anything though.

Did you read about that in the baby magazine that you get from WH Smiths (can't remember the name). I am really interested in that but haven't read too much about it as she was doing ok on just milk. It made a lot of sense to me though.

No I read it here: http://www.borstvoeding.com/voedselintr ... lines.html

But I will take a look at the baby magazine. Ella is doing fine with boobie at the moment, but I don't think it's going to be long before she will want more as she's a bundle!! :D

Really great article... I would like to try that! Let me know how you get on Rosieroo. I'd be interested to know how you're doing it.
Love the pics... she's a wee lovebug!!
Emilia xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back