carepet smell

indie78

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas?

Wee have had a new carpet in our bedroom for 4 months now. The new carpet smell is still there and makes me physically sick. I have been sleeping in spare room, keeping my clothes out of there etc

We are havin someone come to live with us in a couple of weeks so I need to be able to sleep in our room again.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get rid of the smell? (I am assuming its the underlay/adhesives I actually have a problem with)

We have had the windows almost permanently open, have put bowls of water and white vinegar in there, tried shake n vac, tried bicarbonate of soda :wall:

Will gladly try anything!

awww darling that must be horrible :hug: :hug: have you thought about something like fabreeze (sp) or a carpet deodorizer from the supermarket?

I had a horrible smell in my room last night and couldn't work out what it was, I was going around smelling like a mad woman :lol:
:hug: :hug:

thanks for the replies girls

had windows open for 4 weeks now, still not really any differnece, think we gonna have to go for the mask approach

think we are gonna keep using fabreeze, plug-ins, baking soda, plants etc

just hope i can get used to it- our friends just got a job by us and we've said she can move in with us (the extra money will be very handy) so i am gonna have to slep in there again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back