Car seats

claire_louise

Reaction score
instead of hi-hacking the pram/pushchair thread i wanted to post my own question

now i know its said you must get a new car seat for every baby, but why is it ? is it because 1- if you buy second hand it might have been damaged and you wouldnt know ?

or 2- do car seats only have a short life span?

the reason i ask is my aunty has offered me her old (very expensive) car seat, its a 0 group one and was used for 6 months for one child, its never been damaged in anyway, she's a close relative and wouldnt give it to me if it was.

im never going to be able to afford a seat 1/2 as good as this one so if its only because of 1. not knowing if its been damaged then i'd be silly not to accept it, but if its 2. cos its only got a short life span then i'll have to thank her but pass

It's more due to the fact that if it's been in an accident then you must get a new one. If you are buying on say ebay then you never know. But if it's from your auntie and you are sure she hasn't had it in an accident then go for it!
Mine is 6 months and still in brill condition. When Angel has outgrown it i will put it away for the next one.

i'll be keeping ours for the next one too. as lisa says, if you know that it's in good condition and hasn't been in an accident, then its fine :D

thanks Lisa thats what i had a feeling it would be (bit like motorbike helmets) im 110% certain its in perfect order (she's funny like that) not only would it have never been in an accident/dropped it'd have been cleaned regularly and looked after super well

they spent loads on it, not realising cos it was a 0 not 0+ one they'd have to replace it sooner.

If you trust the person then go for it ;)
I have 2 car seats :lol: but I had to get a new one after a car crash we were in. It didn't have any apparent damage but I changed it straight away. Its in the loft and I wouldn't dream of selling it to someone but what the hell do you do with a crash damage car seat?

Bee said:
I have 2 car seats :lol: but I had to get a new one after a car crash we were in. It didn't have any apparent damage but I changed it straight away. Its in the loft and I wouldn't dream of selling it to someone but what the hell do you do with a crash damage car seat?

I would take it to the tip, but make sure that you take it apart/visibly damage it so that someone doesn't take it back out again!

Magic Monkey said:
Bee said:

I would take it to the tip, but make sure that you take it apart/visibly damage it so that someone doesn't take it back out again!

Ooh didn't think of that :lol: I'll do that when we move house - since there will be loads going to the tip

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back