• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

car seats

samanthajayne

Reaction score
i have to say i am so fed up of the rear facing car seat although i know its best and he is safe. i know the minimum weight is 20lbs for a forward facing seat. rhys is almost there so i am now considering buying one for when he is 20lbs but he isn't even sitting up on his own yet so am i best waiting till he is stronger or would it not matter

it matters alot , if he cant sit up on his he cant support his head in an accident , therefore the likely hood of a severe spinal indjury

why are you feed up of rear facing ? u have to do no different ? if your feed up of a carry car seat look at a 0-4 years one ? leland has the graco junior and his still rear facing at a year old and will be keeping him that way till 13kg and his only just turned 10kg .

tbh , and i dont mean to be harsh , i think 'fed up' isnt a reason to change your lil ones car seat . honestly have a look at the 0-4 ones available out there

see leland , still rear facing but not in baby carrier ( he outgrew that months ago height wise not weight)
n722426749_1765105_8673.jpg

Gem & Leland said:
it matters alot , if he cant sit up on his he cant support his head in an accident , therefore the likely hood of a severe spinal indjury

why are you feed up of rear facing ? u have to do no different ? if your feed up of a carry car seat look at a 0-4 years one ? leland has the graco junior and his still rear facing at a year old and will be keeping him that way till 13kg and his only just turned 10kg .

tbh , and i dont mean to be harsh , i think 'fed up' isnt a reason to change your lil ones car seat . honestly have a look at the 0-4 ones available out there

see leland , still rear facing but not in baby carrier ( he outgrew that months ago height wise not weight)

I agree. Rearfacing in a crash the impact would be absorbed all the way up your baby's back, neck and head. Forward facing it would be shoulders and pelvis, which are the strongest part of an adult body but not nearly as strong in a baby. With their heads being proportionally so much bigger this causes serious injury. Have a look at the infant death rates for car crashes here and in Scandinavian counties where they are rear facing until age 4. Up to a year and after 4 years they are the same. For the 3 years that our babies face forward and their face backwards we have significantly more deaths. It really, really is safer to be rearfacing. That's actually true for adults as well - hence why military aircraft have people rear facing.

We got the Britax First Class and she has so much more space which is great! she is higher so she can see out the window which makes her happy and the seat doesn't stick nearly as far over the footwell as her infant carrier so the front passenger has loads more leg space which makes me happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back