car seat question.

trixipaws

Reaction score
u kno how there's a 20lbs "limit" on car-seats. well, does that mean, 2nd stage ones are unsafe for babies less than 20lbs, or that 1st stage ones are unsafe once ur baby reaches 20lbs and over? or both? :think:

just that (after being stuck at 17lbs8oz for months) melissa is gaining weight quickly atm- perhaps its now her tooth's cut, or we've switched to formula milk, or both- or whatever- but she was 19lbs 4oz yesterday, and 18lbs 14oz the week before, and 18lbs 4oz the week before; so at this rate she'll be 20lbs by the time we return from iceland.

was gonna buy the next stage seat when i get paid on the 18th- but if its gonna be unsafe i shall use my overdraft.

what should i do, what should i do?!?

trix they are just a guide - try not to focus on the weights so spefically! Oran was weighed and is 20lbs 8 oz and he isnt in the next stage seat because im selling my car on tuesday then getting a new one in a few weeks and if I got one to fit the punto it might not fit the golf - HV said they are just a guide and as long as sits in it ok, i.e head not over the top the the seat, its fine for a bit before or after the weights specified on the seats

We only got Leif his a couple of weeks ago and he was 22lb then, it is just a guide but when i went into babies r us they said that it is best to wait until the baby's head is above the top of the car sear and to be 9 months rather than go by weight.

I think it's probably a good idea to put Melissa in to a forward facing seat once she reaches 20lb as she will also be 9 months old then. Jake didn't go in to his forward facing seat until he was 14 months old because he wasn't 20lb in weight until then. Luckily he isn't really long either so his head wasn't coming over the top or else I would have had to buy a combination seat instead. I think it's a good idea to stick within the weight guidelines though because they are there for a reason.

Gemma & Jake said:
I think it's probably a good idea to put Melissa in to a forward facing seat once she reaches 20lb as she will also be 9 months old then. Jake didn't go in to his forward facing seat until he was 14 months old because he wasn't 20lb in weight until then. Luckily he isn't really long either so his head wasn't coming over the top or else I would have had to buy a combination seat instead. I think it's a good idea to stick within the weight guidelines though because they are there for a reason.

yes but they are just that GUIDELINES. So if you are on holiday and she goes to say 20lb and 6oz for example, dont run out and get a foward facing - you will be fine till you get back / payday

Sorry I didn't read the question properly. I'm sure you will be fine to wait until you get paid :D

thanx for all ur replies guys- u really reassured me! would love to stay on PF longer, feel like iv only just come on- but been up since 6 takin missy to my folks' and working, and its work again tomorro and its sex nite tonite :wink: :lol: so gotta go.
much love!

ya was super! waa-waa is at my rents again as im at dentust 2mro so its obligatory we make the most of it again! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back