Can't Poo! :( (Sorry tmi!)

x_PlaceboDanii

Reaction score
Im so frustrated, i could seriously sit here and cry right about now!..Stupid thing to cry over but when your bum is sore and no matter how hard you try and go, then you'll understand my frustration..All this mixed with hormones..How joyful i must be feeling:wall2:

I know it might be constipation, but ive only had it since yesterday night, before hitting 29 weeks i had no problem going for a poo, it'd slip out comfortably :)lol: ), but now it just wont budge, it puts up a huge fight and makes my bum feel weird!, yesterday i strained so much that my bum bled slightly and after those few strains only a few bits came out, i seriously could of cried. I feel like i need to poo constantly but i know nothings going to come out if i go, i just want to be able to crap without the weirdness..Why is my body doing this to me!!

There are a few remedies i could try but what else apart from prune juice actually works, the thought of prunes makes me wanna puke if im frank:whistle:

Anyone have any pleasant remedies or know whats going on in there?..Before i go mad? :)

I used to eat weetabix for breakfast and have not from concentrate OJ and that sorted me out.

I have the opposite problem now though lol

I had this towards the end of my pregnancy. I ate prunes (didn't like the juice much either) I preferred the moist pitted ones not the ones in cans!! and fruit but the thing that helped me most was drinking loads of water. It stopped after a couple of weeks if that helps too? Xx good luck, it's not nice and try not to force it out. Xxx

I have 5 oranges a day to keep me going (or loads of juice). Your gp can give you some lactulose which whilst it's foul it does work and is safe in pregnancy

I just had plenty of fresh orange juice (not the concentrate stuff) and fruit, also found if i needed to go and couldnt, then walking around helped get things moving.

Its horrible, hope you get some relief soon xx

Leaning back on the loo helps as well cos it stops the bowel curving and helps with gravity, if you have a low foot stool use it, knees bent at 90 degrees. We have to learn this stuff for work (as well as poo analysis eeeeeewwwwwww)

I had the same problem. Have a bowl of alpen (muesli) it worked wonders for me! X

Prune juice is your best bet sorry

Thanks ladies!, ive finally fixed the problem..And with a strange solution!, i drank doctor pepper and started to try and move around!, then i tried again and relaxed a little more and now everything is a'okay :).

Thank god i didn't have to turn to those god awful prunes! :|

Glad you're sorted! I was going to suggest liquorice allsorts. I sit watching TV in the evening and eat quite a few and in 1/2 hr to 45 mins I'm doing the business! LOL!

Licorice, goodness i haven't eaten that since i was younger..Never been that keen on it :|..Thanks for all the constructive comments too, ill keep some of those remedies in mind if it happens again :D x

I posted a recipe a while ago for a loaf that my mum bakes - nicknamed lavvy loaf in our family, cos it works so well.

The thread was called TMI - a recipe or something like that, I'd you search for lavvy loaf it should come up. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back