Can't eat chocolate

kelsey

Reaction score
For the last few weeks I've been suffering with sickness in the evenings and last night me and o/h worked out why. After we had dinner, about an hour later I had some maltesers - well ok, a lot of maltesers lol. And within 10 mins I was sick. We thought about the other times and it's been after I've had a couple of choc biscuits as I usually have some after my dinner, especially since being pregnant.

So now I'm stopping all chocolate in a bid to stop me being sick, and the worst part is - I absolutely love chocolate, I could eat a huge dairymilk to myself. :x

ive just been sick too..ive only been sick a handfull of times this pregnancy, felt sick untill 15 weeks constantly - still managed to put loads of weight on tho lol..

figured a few of my sickness's have been from having thick mucus at the back of my throat when i get up..makes me heave.. sometimes i can manage to have a drink before im sick to make it go away.. but today unfortunatly the water didnt work and i was sick :( its weird.. must be the extra weight or something coz i take a drink to bed with me too.. weird..

I went through a phase like that... but persevere and you will get there! Trust me!! :rotfl:

I lurve chocolate, as my pregnancy weight gain shows, and I went right off it. But I am now feeling less sick and it is back on the daily routine! I found I could minimize the effects by haveing something stodgy first, like a bland sandwich or dinner, then a chocolate burst afterwards.

Jesus, maybe I need counselling?!! How sad am I!!!

Poor you! Is it only milk choc which is triggering it or might you be all right with dark chocolate? (I've got some wonderful stem ginger chocs which actually seem to calm my stomach a bit - must be the ginger.) And is it only the solid form which is causing it - are hot chocolates ok?

I can't have chocolate anymore either, it gives me mad heartburn, its rubbish. The one and only time i thought i'd be able to eat what i want and not feel guilty and any sweet stuff gives me heartburn! :x

Maybe it's the lactose in the chocolate, try plain chocolate in stead of milk chocolate. If that's no good then try the organic stuff or the choco that diabetics eat.

9/10 times, it's to do with the lactose or the milk in the choco, like it's too rich.

I find I can only eat plain choco as milk choco was making me sick too.

To be honest I've not tried dark chocolate so I don't know. I absolutely love milk choc tho - mmmm dairy milk. I'll have to try the dark.

I sympathise! I know how annoying it is to not be able to eat chocolate. All my life I've worshipped the stuff... but as I've 'matured' chocolate affects my hernia which causes me painful heartburn. I'm sure you'll be back to normal later on, but I can't even have a small square of choc now without suffering and of course the pregnancy just makes it all worse! I do sneak in a choccy desert on occasion though, followed by a Rennie lol.. its worth suffering for sometimes!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back