Confused about scan..can you help?

katie05

Reaction score
Hi girls, will be joining you in a few days time but im hoping you can help with a Q as you will all of had your 12 week scans. I had mine today and it was great :D Thing is my dates according to my last period say due 5th august but the scan dated me as due 31st July. They put this date in my book. So which do i go with? Would it likely change back at 20 week scan?

Hope you can help.xx

:wave: :wave:
hello

Id say go with the scan date hun, you may have ovulated earlier thus, concieved earlier? they may change the date at the 20 weeks scan as well but prob only by a few days. Why not get yourself a ticker and we'll see you in here real soon

xx

scans can be out by 5 days either way, plus you may have ovulated later or earlier than average. They tend to stick with your scan EDD though, as this is thought to be the most accurate.

At your 20 week scan they don't (as far as I know) change your EDD due but they do put in the size of different baby bits (head size, leg size etc.) in weeks and days. So my baby's legs were about 19+5 and the head was about 20+4 or something like that. But having a closer EDD will mean you can start maternity leave earlier if you want to :cheer: And when poeple ask when your baby is due you'll get to say July rather than August.
Don't worry about it too much - they come out when they feel like it, I don't think many (if any :D ) are born on their due date.

My due date changed once i'd had my 12 week scan. For my scan yesterday I was 21 weeks 4 days but the baby measured around 22weeks for most of its body bits but my due date is still the same :)

I've got aobut 4 different due dates now :shock: and i dont really use any of them either, my scan made me due 30th June, my mdwife put it down as 2nd July, notes on my bloods say 4th July and i make it 29th June, i tend to just go by how many weeks i am as the midwife and scan seem to agree on that, but my ticker makes me due 29th.
to be honest due dates arnt exactly 100% accurate anyway and baby will come when he or shes ready
Clare x

when i was working we tended to only change due date if the 12 week scan was out by more than a week - think this is probably still the case - as most people have said it doesnt really matter as baby will come when it wants and any time 2weeks before until 2 weeks after the 'due date' is on time - I have had 2 3 weeks early and the last slap bang on his 'due date' so will be interested to see what this one does

Thanks so much for your replies ladies. :D Things have changed now my midwife says (well since i had my son 2 years ago). She said that you only go by the scan EDD. Still think that puts me a week ahead but hey i can finish bit earlier. Only thing is im having a section and they do them at 39 weeks but that will make me 38.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back