• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can someone offer a crash course in the principles of BLW?

CARNAT22

Reaction score
I have read a lot online and am getting all confuddled? Is it really as simple as just feeding the baby manageable sized pieces of foods we normally eat?

I want a nice and easy way to explain it to OH.

We're a long way off weaning but I like the idea of BLW.. Just trying to find out a bit more about it all?

xxxxxx

Last edited:
BLW is basically about letting the child decide which parts of the meal they eat and how much. It's also about exploration. With TW you purée the food whereas with BLW you give the child bite size pieces so that they can see and feel the texture of different foods.
It allows the child to decide how much they want to eat, so the theory is that they will stop eating when they are no longer hungry.
There are still guidelines about what foods they can eat, for example gluten is not recommended until 6 months so no bread. Things like carrot batons, broccoli and banana are great starting foods.
Be warned, it can be very messy :lol:

Basically it involves skipping the purée stage of weaning and going straight to finger foods.

Tbh - the absolute easiest way to explain it properly is to get the gill rapely cook book, it has a wee bit at the beginning with explanations about when to start, signs, and reassurance re choking.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back