BLW..Have no clue on what to do! Really terrified!

poppy160

Reaction score
In just over a month, Ella will be 6 months old so we will be starting to introduce solid food :( She has never been a big eater, so getting to 6 months and doing baby led weaning seemed like the best option for us.

All I know about baby led weaning is purees are practically bypassed and that's about it.
What foods are best to offer, and when will she have them? How much formula will she need during the day?

In all honesty, I'm absolutely terrified. I'm sure she won't take to it..she only has 4 bottles a day of 5-6oz. I can't see her being ready in a month, but we're going on holiday to Majorca in October and we want her to be really used to eating solids by then. If it weren't for that I'd leave it later than 6 months! Also, it's like the end of her being a baby in a way..the thought of it almost makes me cry :(

I started weaning Oliver 2 weeks ago. The first couple of days he wasn't interested (baby rice) - just kept sticking his tongue out so the food was just ending up down his chin :lol: so I didn't push it & left it for a couple of days.

When I tried again a few days later he was more interested, opening his mouth to accept spoon. I gave him, his own spoon to play with too, so he didn't grab the one I was holding.

Now 2 weeks in he really enjoys it. He has 2 ice cubes worth of a puree for lunch (sweet potato, apple, parsnip, carrot etc.) He's also tried mashed banana.

I've also just started him on breakfast too. Baby rice & apple yesterday. Avocado this morning.

I've just brought some of those little pots of fromage frais to try him on too.

I'm gonna wait another couple of weeks before going to 3 meals a day & introducing finger foods.

Agree with midna, take your time. if you follow they're lead, you'll be fine. they all become ready at different times so take it slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back