Can OV Strips Pick Up HCG

Flossy82

Reaction score
Ladies just a quick question but can HCG e picked up on OV test strips its just that i have got a few of these left and was wondering weither they could be or not? :?

Hiya, this is not recommended although OPK's can pick up HCG. But OPK's would only show a + when a HPT would show a dark +. So if you did an HPT and it was only a faint + then did and OPK, it would be neg cus there isn't enough HCG to produce a strong +.

Hope that makes sense?

If you do an OPK and its + (ie test line as dark or darker than control line) chances are you're pregnant....or ovulating! lol

Thanks sweety im sure i have already OV'd anyway but was just wondering if this was possible or not?

Yes it is possible, but like I said not recommended cus can get confusing.
A girl on another site thought she was pg cus she tested using an OPK and got a test line although it wasn't as dark or darker than the control...she thought it was a + therefore thought she was pg (she was at the end of her cycle) when af came a day later she was gutted.

If you wee on one, and get a + and you're at the end of your cycle, it's very possible you're pg.

Well i only have til thursday i know it might be a long shot but i might pick up a HPT and see what that comes back as :)

How many DPO are you? HPT's tend not to pick up HCG til at least 10 dpo and even then it's normally too early. I'd wait a couple days else it'll be a waste of money and unnecessary disappointment! :D

TBH i couldnt tell you how far post OV i am but i was going to leave it til next week anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back