Can it last?

xx.kelly

Reaction score
I’m 19 and my boyfriend is 22 and I am 7 weeks pregnant with our first baby. We are going through a pretty tough time just now because I feel like i care ore about the pregnancy than he does. We just had our first scan at the early pregnancy unit and I was so excited about getting the picture and stuff but he just said its not even a baby yet….why are you getting so excited. :evil:

We also don’t talk or really get on any more and hes not sympathetic at all when I am tired or sick. Do you think that because we are so young we will actually be able to last? I don’t want to have to bring up a child on my own :( Any one got any views on wether they think that people who are young when they get together can last?

i think its because hes young
and because it probably it hasnt sunk in yet
give it time and im sure hell come round

how long you been together?

We've been together for 8 months and we have been through so much together :) We moved from Scotland all the way to London because we thought it would give us a better life.

It's just so annoying that he doesn't even seem interested in the baby. And he's still drinking nearly every night and moans when i ask him to move away when he smokes near me :evil:

He's probably scared, pamper him a bit and maybe he'll come round :hug:

Kick him up the arse :shock:

Smoking near you and moans when you ask him not too, drinking every night?

Book him on Jeremy Kyle and tell him to grow up.

I can understand the not being excited (he may well be scared of somethign happening - you can feel the baby and the changes - he can't) but put your foot down about everything else right now - or the answer is no it won't last, unless you want to be sat at home with no money and a baby whilst he is out drinking every night :?

Blokes at 22 and especially one that wasnt looking to be a father sounds like hes pretty laid back about the situation.Have atalk with him and ask him outright if he wants a baby?
Cis having a baby aint cheap and measn he wont have the money to drink sand smoke every night.

You may just have to bare with him. he may have found it hard comming to terms with ebing a dad, as it is a big thing.

Im 19 myself and my boyfriend is 21 weve been together for 16months, and i found out on tuesday i was pregnant again, after suffering a miscarriage 9 weeks ago. Found it difficult to even try and tell him, that i was pregnant again.

Everybody handles things differently. I was like you are, seeing it on the ultrasound monitor, i was quite happy but then sad, as i carried my baby before for 14 weeks. :cry:

I havent even decided what iam going to do this time round, which is quite difficult. all i can say it just talk to him and let him know how you are feeling, your hormones are all over the place ( mine are for sure).

If you need a chat just pm me. xxxxxxxx :)

exact same thing happened with me. my bf wasnt excited at all, he just said it was still small and wasnt live yet and all these nasty things, he came round after he saw what was happening to me with a bump and stuff. but was still edgy about things.
hopefully for you thing will work out hunni.
if it doesnt then hes not worth it. the same as my ex. hes not worth anyting atm hes putting me through stres and stuff

i really do hope you and your bf are good and can work things out and that he realises he got a gorgeous baby coming soon :)take care wont you.
have a hug :hug:

I think thats a lot of blokes for you, my DH is laid back about having a baby, but I know once shes here he will be fantastic and his attitude will change completely like it did when our first child was born.
Hes a fantastic father but just isnt interested in pregnancy! just interested when there born which is what i want in all honesty!

Do what you thinks right for you, ive just wasted 18 months of my life with a compete waste of space and he is 10 yrs older than me! I feel better on my own, ive more control over my life and im getting me back! He was a perfect dad at first then reality kicked in! I dont like seeing kids in single familys, i tried my best to keep us as a family, but sometimes its the way it is! Anyway you have just found out in could be in shock mode, just talk have a heart to heart :hug:

It isn't in his womb: he won't feel the same connection to it. He'll come round. In some ways, i think it can be easier for the mother. I'm 16, my boyfriend is 18, and I know I love my baby and all that, and I know we'll be fine-- but I'M the one carrying it. So my boyfriend is doing all the worrying =] Yours will be fine, he's just freaked out probably, and it's making him cranky and imature. If he's a decent guy, he'll get over it, especially when the protective father instinct kicks in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back