• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can I get it shifted?

violet-glow

Reaction score
Theres been a van parked outside my house for about 4 months now, maybe a bit longer. But im not sure that it has an owner... no-one ever goes to the van, drives it etc. Its always parked there, hasnt left that spot.

Is there anyway I can get it moved?

Maybe contact my housing Assoc?? :think:

I'd ring the council. Is it taxed? You could ring the DVLA if it's not.

Here's a link

:)

cheers hun **rubs hands together**

...will get the OH to go and have a nosey to see if its taxed :D

if its not taxed then you can def have it removed, call your council. if it is taxed then i dont think there is anything you can do....

violet-glow said:
Theres been a van parked outside my house for about 4 months now, maybe a bit longer. But im not sure that it has an owner... no-one ever goes to the van, drives it etc. Its always parked there, hasnt left that spot.

Is there anyway I can get it moved?

Maybe contact my housing Assoc?? :think:

get a crow bar and wait until three in the morning. Prise the window down get in let the handbrake down and roll it somewhere else.

Job done

lol...might try that... if you see a heavly pregnant woman pushing a van past your window in the early hours ...remember to give me a wave lol :D ...I can always blame it on the hormones :lol:

I had a car parked opposite my drive for about 3 weeks.
I'd never seen anyone go to it and it hadn't moved. It had no tax too.
I rang the local council to say I think it's been abandoned and it was issued with a red ticket the next day and moved within 2 days.

Cx

If it is taxed and has an MOT theres bugger all can be done about it until the tax runs out.

lotus said:
If it is taxed and has an MOT theres bugger all can be done about it until the tax runs out.

that's not necessarily true.
on the deeds to my house, it says i have the right to park my horse and cart outside my house.

so if ever a car is outside my house for several days, i have every intention of ringing the council and telling them to get rid of it as it's taking up the space needed for my horse and cart ;)

if u ring the council they put an enforcement notice that if htey are not contacted within so many days then tehy can legaly move, and they will move it :)

daddy is a cllr and he gets loadsa ppl ringing up with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back