Can i eat cooked prawns???

LucyB.

Reaction score
My mum does this absolutely amaaaazing prawn pasta thing, its like prawns fried in spaghetti and I've seen on the internet a few times that pregnant women should stay away from seafood??

Is this true?? Or can I endulge in my favorite tea?? Haha, same goes for scampi too, I love that!!

Cooked seafood is fine Hun,
I have had tons of prawns and scampi xx

Prawns are fine as long as they're cooked. I think it's things like oysters you have to be a bit careful of. I can't remember exactly but I do remember my midwife telling me prawns are absolutely fine, I was worried about that too!
i've not heard anything about scampi but i'd assume that's fine too!

i dont eat seafood so i wouldnt knw, but in all my pregnancies when the nurse has gone on about things you cant eat i only ever remember her sayng you cant eat types of shell fish, along with nuts and soft cheeses

No nuts if theres an allergy in the family my midwife said, i was relived coz id had a snickers bar earlier in the week lol x

hey girls fish and shell fish are fine as long as they are thoroughly and are not raw in anyway, they say to keep away from fish with a high mercury content (shark marlin ect) and limit your portions of oily fish to no more than 2 a week as too much omega 3 is bad for the baby ( tuna once a week) also sushi is a no no i think because of the raw fish, hope it's helped! xxx

Last edited:
Ahhh thanks girls :) had prawns in spaghetti for my tea tonight and loveeeed it! Thanks a lot for all your advice xxx

I have been eating nuts, prawns and scampi and have been fine. Think it's the more dodgy types of seafood to avoid - I must admit I steered clear of mussels when I went to France in October, even though I love them!! I have been careful with cheese but not mega strict - a mini leek and stilton tart passed my lips on Thu but I figured it was cooked!! In fact, the only time I've been really poorly is when I caught a tummy bug off the kids at school - typical!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back