Can I ask a favour?

libs

Reaction score
A couple of times on here just recently people have referred to themselves as "spazs" for doing something stupid or silly. I don't know if you know ( a lot of people don't realise) but this is a shortening of ******* - the term used for someone with cerberal palsy. As the big sister of a woman with cerberal palsy it really gets on my nerves that its used to mean stupid.
Any chance we could stop using it and just use idiot or stupid instead?
I'm not being politically correct - honestly - just find it insulting that my sister's disability is used as a slang word for stupid.

have to say libs that I agree with you. I find that word totally offensive.

If I'd have seen anyone using it I would have pmed them, stuff like that is not allowed here.

libs said:
A couple of times on here just recently people have referred to themselves as "spazs" for doing something stupid or silly. I don't know if you know ( a lot of people don't realise) but this is a shortening of ******* - the term used for someone with cerberal palsy. As the big sister of a woman with cerberal palsy it really gets on my nerves that its used to mean stupid.
Any chance we could stop using it and just use idiot or stupid instead?
I'm not being politically correct - honestly - just find it insulting that my sister's disability is used as a slang word for stupid.

i totally agree i work with disabled people and hate any words like that

Urchin said:
If I'd have seen anyone using it I would have pmed them, stuff like that is not allowed here.

I havnt seen it either, but if anyone does please let one of us know as your quite right, its a horrible word and shouldnt be allowed :hug:

Cant say I've ever seen anyone use that word but I completely agree, my brother has autism and disabilities and I get very defensive when people use words like that :hug:

i agree hun, it dont bother me being posted on here but i dont like the word, i have been bought up to never use it - my mums baby that died was disabled so she gets very upset by the word, i have only seen the word on here a few time xxx

im with you. totally understand the reasons. hope you are ok :hug: :hug:

ive not seen it used here either. but i dont like it, and would not use it myself, as my moms first baby had spina biffida, so i hate people using offensive words like that

i have never seen anyone use the word either but im glad you have identified it as i was also bought up to not use this word and i totally agree that it is offensive.

xxxxxxx

Perhaps I'm more sensitive to seeing it - just to point out it wasn't in off topic necessarily, but seemed the best place to post
thanks to everyone who replied :D

hate it too!

Haven't noticed anyone posting using it recently, but I'm sure the mods will keep they're eyes peeled!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back