can aybody give me any advice ???

rhian85

Reaction score
hello all.

me and OH have decided to start TTC number 2 around sept/oct as i have got to have treatment for abnormal cells removed (had an amnormall smear :oops: ) and thats being done in 3 weeks and u have to avoid sex for a whole month :shock: :shock: :shock:

but the thing is i want to loose weight from my last prgncy before conceiving again as OH dad is a trained nurse yet is manager of a private pshyciatric rehab unit, he gave me a medical mag which had some horrid facts in about having a BMI over 30 while pregnant/TTC such as a very high increse in M/C low birth weight, still birth. so im desperate to loose some weight as im 5ft 6inch and weight 14st exact which makes BMI 31 :shock:

i dont go to the gym so im looking for any tips u have on loosing weight i have also been looking at davina Mccalls ultimate 3 workout DVD -
have any of u tried it ?
know of any other good DVDS?
what diets/diet pills have worked for u ?

please help so so desperate to loose weight to have another healthy prgncy as i was only 10st before i had christopher and now im too fat:oops:

Good for you making a decision to lose the weight and sorry to hear about the abnormal cells. Very worrying.
OK I've tried Davina and quite frankly it nearly killed me and I'm not alien to exercise. Personally I'd advise trying a club like Weight Watchers. I've found them REALLY effective and there is no ban on which foods you can eat I also use the Adios tablets which have helped quite a bit. Good luck and I'm sure you'll get there.

I found that despite having DVDs and a gym membership - it didn't work for me until I went to a class - they push you far more than you would yourself. Bodytone is great - although i'm trying to psych myself up to go back atm as I've not been in ages and I kow my fitness is awful .

I also did slimming world which was amazingly effective for me :D

i am having trouble losing weight too after having my boy. i have no will power at all and little motivation to excercise. however i have joined a class with some other mums from baby group a bums tums and thighs aerobics session and i am having so much fun, i made new friends. i now have to work on the diet side of things. good luck x

Just wanted to say I have a very high BMI and had a trouble free, wonderful pregnancy, I also was a regular smoker and drinker before conceiving, and I think this high BMI meaning risk business isn't always fair, it's much more important you eat lots of fresh fruit and veg and stay as relaxed and happy as possible whilst pregnant. Sorry, I know a high BMI isn't to be praised, but just my opinion, there's always risks with everything obviously, so very best wishes, if losing weight is what you want to do I wish you lots of luck in it, and hope you find a better way than diet pills too :hug: and I hope you get to a weight where you're happy and have a lovely pregnancy too :hug: :hug: :hug:

I second redshoes. A colleague of mine also has a really hight BMI, the hospital gave her earache over it but she proved them all wrong. Sailed through her pregnancy and had a natural drug free birth. She was out walking her daughter in the pram the day after she was born! :)

Same couldn't be said for me :oops:

So don't believe everything you read. It doesn't necessarily apply to everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back