Can anyone help with a question about court?

weenik

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just on-line getting directions to court, as I am a witness in a case. I've booked tomorrow off my work for it, and have just double checked the citation and it was supposed to be for today! :oops: I so can't believe that I've made this mistake and I'm really scared now because it says on the bottom that anyone failing to attend can be imprisoned or fined! Does anyone know what will happen to me, or have any advice? :pray:

Best advice i can give you would be to contact the person/people/court you need to contact asap and explain you got the days mixed up, but chances are you might still be fined.

I know, just spoke to my dad - he nearly passed out when I told him. I'll phone the court in the morning - fingers crossed she plead guilty or something like that! I am usually so organised and have looked at the citation a few times, really can't believe I done it. Oh well, just need to deal with it tomorrow :wall:

Having worked for Victim support witness service I do know most cases end premature because of a guilty plea, if that was the case I think you'll be fine with regards to not attending. Just phone up the court or go in if you can and explain what's happened, don't worry too much, it's amazing how many peeps don't turn up when they're witnesses and you have a valid reason, pregnancy head :wink: :hug:

Hi

Hope it turns out okay for you :hug: They have to expect that to happen every so often
Katrina

Just to let you know I called the court this morning, and they guy said that if the case had went ahead they would have came to get me yesterday! Got through to the criminal section and the case has been adjourned so looks like I'll be ok. What a relief - thought I'd be giving birth in jail :wall:

Glad everything turned out alright for you hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back