Camping and electrical hookups

mum2A&L

Reaction score
we where planning to go camping in a few weekends time (it really depends on how i feel), but we have found a place we want to go!

We don't have a camping stove, but we can borrow an electric one, or a gas one. Im swaying towards electric esp when it doesn't cost much more for a site with electric. But... do you need anything to be able to hook a bog standard plug to the camp sites electric?

Yeah you need to buy a lead from a camping shop for hook up :D

Depending on the site you are going to, you will probably need a camping hook up - which comes with (usually) 3 sockets and 3 cut offs - so if you have too much power your supply will trip, rather than the whole site - where the owner can charge quite a lot!!

also, forgot to say it usually comes with a large length of cable as you can sometimes be quite a distance from the hook up point on the site - not always on the camping sides, but defo on the caravan side.

cool cheers ladies.

OH's ex boss owns a camping shop at the moment, i will see if he can get one from there.

Thank you both! :hug:

On the same subject is there usually power points in the shower cubicles. I really cant not straighten my hair

no idea, but if there is a hook up at the tent you could do it there, worse comes to worse

I take my GHD's away with me if we are away for more than a weekend and yeah some shower blocks have power points but not many. The caravan and camping club sites are usually the best equiped, the one at Long Leat has a little bathroom just for kids! I sometimes take a can of dry shampoo with me if we are wild camping (not on a campsite) then you don't have to bother even washing your hair :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back