Calpol and Medised

Tina & Gabs

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Gabriella had a low fever today and has not been happy and sleeping a lot. I gave her 2 doses of calpol (2.5ml) and I was just wondering if I can use medised tonight as well or is it best to stick with the calpol? I don;t like giving her medised during the day because of the drowsiness effect but I also don't want to overdose her.

DH has had a horrible bug, flu, sickness diarreorah (SP?) and chills and I now have some flu type thing with a high fever (she should be immune to mine though as I am breastfeeding)

Any advise would be great.

Thanks

Sorry you are all feeling rough still. Its fine to give her next dose as medised they are both paracetomel. I did this the other day. Hope you are all back to normal soon :hug:

yea its fine hun i give Alastair some medised after calpol the other day :hug:

Hope ur all feeling better soon xx

oh no Tina! :hug: :hug: :hug:
hope you're feeling much better VERY soon!! :hug:

Hi hun.

You can only just medised 4 hrs after the calpol, but you can do calprofen and medised 2 hrs apart

xxxxx

seeI was thinking this because It has been mentioned that calprofen and mediced can be given together but surely not since that would be paracetamol times 2 and ibroprufen....if im getting this right medised contains paracetamol aswell? and you should never give paracetamol with other paracetamol containing products..however i can see why calprofen and medisen can be given 2 hours apart because there will only be half the amount of paracetamol....

calprofen doesnt have paracetamal in it cassi. xxx

Thanks guys, I was getting a little confused and didn't want to do the wrong thing but that makes sense.

We are all feeling a little better but still not 100%. Poor Gabriella has a nasty cough but she is all smiles today and her eczema has cleared completely on her face :D (Hopefully it will remain gone *touches wood*)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back