Calpol - Advice Please

PS. Can't you tell we're new to this whole *illness* thing LMAO

Lol, I remember how it feels the first time they're under the weather, all I can say is thank god my mum is a trained children's nurse or I'd have gone mad!!

The thing is to just try it out, if it works for him then great, if not, try differently next time. It's a bit rubbish but it's a case of trial and error till you find what works for your LO. I now know that DD responds better to nurofen for temps and calpol for aches and pains but it took a couple of goes to figure it out.

That's what's so hard about ill babies and children, there is no one right way, only what works for your specific baby + illness combination!

Last edited:
i bloody hate colds - connor really isn't shaking his at all and its been going on for weeks :? the only other things we've tried are vicks vapour rub and a nasal aspirator - although he absolutely loathes the latter and screams at me when i try and use it. i think ibuprofen is actually better at reducing cold symptoms than paracetamol :think: just go with whatever you think is making luke happiest - i think its all a bit hit and miss. but as long as you're staying within the recommended dosage then you're doing fine :hug: :hug:

He's just had 2.5ml Nurofen so we will see how he goes with that.

The nasal aspirator is like child abuse. Literally. He HATES it. I HATE it. OMG it is like torture, but it has to be done. Our Nasosal is out of date but going to run to Boots and get some more later. Mids told me to squirt some breastmilk up there as it works wonders. :eek:

I completely forgot about our SnuffleBabe. Will smother his chest in that after brekkie too. What a terrible mother I am! :roll:

hey debs,hope luke has a better night tongiht , hope he didnt get it from leland :cry: leland always responds better to nurofen then calpol so here's hoping :hug:

Hi Debbie,

How is Luke today? Jacob has a dredded cold now :wall: This is the second one in the last month! Our poor babies! :hug: 's to them all :)

we use calpol and calprofen. we can dose every 3 hours as you can use them together. 5ml calpol at 7 then 3 hrs later calprofen then 3 hrs later you can give calpol. it works wonders and we were told to do that by our gp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back