I really need some advice!! (teething)

Lola's Mummy

Reaction score
Lola is teething really badly bless her :cry:

You can see the tooth is just about to cut through her gums but she's really in a lot of pain, She's crying all the time :( and isn't sleeping well

She has a red bottom, red cheeks and is quite hot. She keeps putting her fingers in her mouth and bitting them and is also bitting her wrists.

I've been using dentinox and i gave her some calpol, 5ml yesterday and 2.5ml twice today she's had her teethers in the fridge but nothing seems to be helping her :?

Is there anything else that helped your LO's?

a very kind soul on here recommended new era teething tablets from Holland and barratt. They were good but sometimes I still give calpol. The new era ones are wee tablets that dissolve in the mouth.

Also, a carrot or half and apple, something they can really knaw on.

Poor wee soul. :(

try an amber teething necklace hun, there fab at reducing the pain

I've order her an amber teething necklace i'm just waiting for it to come :(

oh cool, hope it comes soon. for now your could always try some ashtons & parsons teething powder, its really good too

I got a teether from Woolworths in their ladybird section, by the weaning spoons and bath thermometer etc... It's a lot thinner than the normal teethers and Ryan gives it a proper chew when it's come out of the fridge, and because it's thinner he can get it as far in his mouth as he wants. think it was only £3 or something, way better than the others I have.

Otherwise, calpol, teething gel on dummy, or things to chew really as the others have said. I've got some of the teething powders but I haven't tried them yet.

Have you tried Ashton & PArsons teething powders?

Sorry to be a geek but I took a picture of our favourite ladybird teether this afternoon while I was out

dsc01003mx3.jpg

Hope she feels better soon, teething is horrible. Ryan has his good and bad days but the bad days are bad, I feel terrible for him.

Thanks for that leckershell i'll have a look tomorrow when i go in town :)

I haven't tried the powders but i think i might pick some up as well while i'm out. Hopefully the postie will bring me the amber teething necklace tomorrow :pray: and that will do the trick!!

She hasn't been too bad today but there's still time as she's wide awake talking to herself in the mirror :lol:

Lola's Mummy said:
I haven't tried the powders but i think i might pick some up as well while i'm out.

The nursery nurses recommend them because they coat the whole mouth and gums whereas the baby can swallow down a blob of Bonjela - and I think they deal with other ailments associated with teething like tummy troubles. The look like drugs :lol: they're in individual wraps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back