Cakes

evie_smith

Reaction score
Just made some lovely cakes with the bab apple and cinnamon dairy free cakes they are lovely :)
unavuveq.jpg

I was worried they would be dry and hard but they are really soft and moist x

No frosting they were so sweet (what with the apple) and I'm trying to cut down my sugar lol!! I suppose you could pop a frosting on if you wanted a apple or vanilla/nut butter frosting would be good you can buy vanilla or apple flavouring and make a butter or dairy free butter frosting and if vanilla/ put flavouring in and a nut on top a walnut would be nice or if apple crunching the nuts and sprinkling on top would be lovely. But I chose to leave them plain. Since then we make a orange and poppy seed cake :)

Lol! They were really so so sweet I think frosting would have ruined them lol! Like carrot cake with frosting! Sometimes it's ok in a thin layer but otherwise it's lovely with no frosting

Lol!! It's just as nice vegan too - one thing I do have a weakness for aha! It's good on brownies too

I need to stop reading this thread. It's making me want to bake & devour. :)

Lol just bake healthy then devour! It's lush!! :D

I do a lovely vegan (you would know its vegan) mock double choc, moist fudge cake with mock cream cheese frosting but I put cherries in it too and it's lush

So it's
Moist choc sponge
"Fudge choc" centre
Choc sponge with cherries in and then
Mock cheese frosting

Ingredients

4oz (125g) soya margarine
½ pint (300ml) soya milk
2 tbsp of golden syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
8oz (250g) plain flour
2oz (50g) cocoa
8oz (250g) sugar

Watch this cake as it doesn't take too long and in different ovens I've used it's different!

This is what I follow on the website

Melt margarine, syrup and soya milk, except 4 tablespoons, in a saucepan. Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in remaining soya milk. Sieve all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Add the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.

Line an 8" (20cm) baking tin with greaseproof paper or baking parchment. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake in oven 180C / 350F / Gas 4 for ½ hour. Reduce to 160C / 300F / Gas 3 for 1¼ hours.

I do this 2x adding cherries into one of them sandwich them together and smother with frosting which is ....

1/4 cup non-hydrogenated margarine (softened)
1/4 cup vegan cream cheese, softened (Tofutti)
2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
Cream together margarine and cream cheese until just combined. Use a handheld mixer to whip while adding the confectioners' sugar in 1/2 cup batches. Mix until smooth and creamy, then mix in the vanilla. Keep tightly covered and refigerated until ready to use.

I use this site - let me find a link .....

Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/vegan-cream-cheese-frosting-293102?oc=linkback

There we go there is all sorts on there :)

Oh and this is the choc fudge frosting that goes in between the sandwiched cakes - I forgot it as on another site

Ingredients
Powdered Sugar, 1.5 cup
Cocoa, dry powder, unsweetened, .25 cup
Vanilla Extract, 2 tsp
Unsweetened Soymilk, 2.5 tbs

Directions
Whisk together cocoa and sugar. Add in liquids and store till incorporated.

You vegan evie? Me too! And I'm obsessed with cakes and desserts! Have you seen the 'Babycakes' and 'Sweet Gratitude' books?

I haven't seen them bab - I'm terrible and begrudge paying for books when I've got the Internet aha!!! I've got a few normal books but I just substitute dairy bits for none dairy bits or (as my husband and kids are not vegan) make it for them but make sure they take it to nannies and out of the house! Lol as my husband is terrible for buying eggs! Does my nut in but hey go! That's an entirely different post for a different day lol!!!!!!!!
I've got these really nice biscuits and make becatiful short bread - I'm terrible for sugar!!

Thank you they was :) I've just made a crumble with apple and cinnamon and almond butter instead of normal butter x

Ooh I need to do some baking!! X

My fat fingers can't spell! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back