C section

LisaFletcher

Reaction score
Has anyone requested to have c section and it was excepted? I'm considering asking for one as I had a LLETZ done in January for cin3 and there is a possibility that due to scarring on my cervix which is now very short it could mean that I struggle to dilate properly, usually consultants are not interested unless had more than 1 LLETZ done but just don't want to put my body through all that stress to just end up having c section anyway as can't dilate

I'm sure if you discuss your concerns with your consultant they'll listen to you. Best of luck xx

Is it your 2nd baby and did you deliver naturally with your first? How did the birth go? I had the same LLETZ procedure recently and in my opinion the cervical scarring and any potential labour complications wouldn't worry me enough to request a c section, although I know we're all different. What has your midwife said? Presumably if they become aware that you aren't dilating properly once you're in labour, they can perform a section if needed - and if they know about your background and are prepared for that possibility, they'll be looking out for it and it won't be quite as much of an "emergency" section as is can be for others. But at least if you go into labour and things DO progress, you won't have to recover from major surgery that could have been avoided.xxx

Last edited:
Yes this is my second pregnancy I was induced with my daughter and ended up having help delivering

I would have a chat with your mw first of all and see what they say. Good luck X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back