c section wound and bleeding a lot

lauramumof2

Reaction score
I just want a moan, not that I should, Joe is great.

My c section wound is getting me down. Its still bleeding a lot, I have sterile dressings that get changed everytime I got the loo but more often than not it gets on my pants and clothes and I have to change. My tummy is really uncomfy but the mw felt it and its okay.

Also, the lochia is really thick, doesnt go on the pad but I feel it come away when I go to the loo.

Its all just really getting me down and tearfull, probably just the baby blues as well and Jessica more or less seems to be very distant from me. Not bad, just not cuddly or interested in me.

Anyone know anyone with a bad c section scar?

sorry to hear u are feeling down hun :hug:

my scar got infection, i wonder if thats whats wrong with yours?

it wasnt as bad as yours sound hun but kinda like the same, maybe go to the docs tomorrow hun.

hope u are feeling better soon :hug:

xx

Hi Laura, sorry you are feeling down.

I dont remember my section wound bleeding at all after the day i had jamie. I do remember it being bruised, swollen and very sore.

i would mention it to your MW when she next comes around just to make sure its healing the way it should, you might have a little infection?

Hope you are feeling better soon xxxxx :hug: :hug:

Hi

sorry your scar aint doing well :hug:
Mine bled as wel lcuz the wound kept opeing it opened three times and bled before healing kept going to the doctor and they just sent me home with a bandage.
Hope your ok and try and take it easy i know i never did when everyone told me to.
xxxx Katrina

My section scar got infected, it was a nightmare. one day when i got out of the car at tesco's i had a huge patch of blood/fluid all down my trousers :oops: It had leaked copious amounts! Its only just starting to look good now, it was a pain in the ass TBH! keep it clean and see your doc if your not happy with it

hi all,
Ive to get the nurse in everyday to pack the wound and dress it.
It is a pain in the ass and im not allowed to go far, not that i feel like it. My mum got me arnica tablets to help with the bleeding and they are doing the trick. :D

Hi Laura

I'm not sure if you're allowed to have a bath? But thought I would tell you that my stitches from my extended episiotomy healed brilliantly after I put a few drops of tea tree oil and lavender oil into a tiny bit of milk then into the running water of the bath (you need to put the oils into milk to stop them evaporating in the hot water of the bath).

Are your arnica tablets 6c. 30c or 200c? My friend had a c-section 9 wks ago and her MW told her that 200c were recommended strength after a c-section but she couldn't find them in the shops so ordered them online http://www.littlebirthkits.com/LBK_standard12.htm

Lucy x

Thanks Lucy, mines are only 6c. They seem to work really well so imagine what the 200c would do :D .

Im not sure about the bath, getting out might strain my tummy too much. Its a weird, tight bath.

The things we have to endure :roll:

Hi

dont blame you for not wanting a bath oh the thought of it :?
Hope it heals for you soon
Katrina

i'm sorry your wound is playing you up... what has your MW said about it bleeding? when did you have your section? (sorry i have new mum brain... i even forgot my house alarm number the other day) my sectioin was 11 days ago and my wound seems to have sealed up completely. Something i found a great help was support underwear from marks and spencers... it's really tight and holds me snug... i wear my normal knickers underneith... but if your wound is hurting i don't know if you'll want to squeeze it into support underwear.

Hope you better soon.. and hope your wound starts to heal for you.

x

thanks, it doesnt actually hurt which is the weird thing. The midwife has passed me on the the district nurse team who deal with open wounds, she says they dont see enough of this to deal with it. Its 10cm long and 2 cm deep but they estimate it to take weeks rather than months to mend.

Bit of a bugger.

Hope your scar is okay Hayley

aww hun, Im not sure about thewound as I didnt have a c-section. But dont worry about jessica, its totally normal, I was the same with my mum when she had my sister. Apparently I wouldnt go near her wouldnt give her a hug or a kiss I was upset becuase she had left me for a few days when she was in hospital, I was about 19months. She will soon come round and be giving mummy cuddles again, must be upsetting for you now but it wont be for long.

thanks Lauz, I hope it settles down. It makes me quite teary especially as I keep having this dream where Im running down he street carrying jessica, its as if im running away from everyone else so its just us on our own again.
It doesnt help that im feeling that i wouldnt be going through this if I hadnt insisted on the section. They said baby was big and I was happy to go along with it. My waters broke just before th spinal went in, I should have realised then I was a lot further on than I got with Jessica. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but Im starting to feel a bit bitter.
Im a class A moan today :roll:
Im going to spend some money.

The wound is healing a bit. Its not just as long as 10cm now and at one side its not just as deep. It seems to be weeping now more than actually bleeding. But.... the stuff they put on over the wound is murder to get off. Fook waxing, after taking this stuff off there is no way im waxing my fairywig :shock: . I will need to shave tonight after taking this dressing off.

And the lochia seems to be stopping. Yipeee.

awww laura that doesnt sound very nice hun :?

hope u get better soon

hope my scar doesnt go like that :?

Dont worry sophie, the midwife says it doesnt happen often. Just a freak occurance and not something that could have been helped.
Your baby will be exactly a month younger than Joe :D

How are you finding your wee girl just now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back