C section worry

Lil miss lee

Reaction score
OK so just back from the hosp for a growth scan anti natal and diabetes test, babies measuring above average again just the way my last preg was then I went on to have a 9lb 13 baby boy. The midwife said this 1 is likely to be bigger. Then when I spoke to the consultant she told me there is a great chance I am going to need to get a c section, not really what I wanted to hear tbh. Is there anyone out there with any good section stories all I'm hearing is bad x

I had a lovely csection baby was handed straight to me for skin to skin he never left my side. I was up and walking in six hours it was sore but not too bad at all xx

That sounds like a good section to me ... I will be having a section also I think x

I had to have a planned C-section due to babies position and plancenta blocking exit, it was lovely!! Went for a thai meal at our favourite restaurant the night before, came into hospital in the morning, had my baby by lunchtime. Skin to skin immediately for 8 hours solid. Given loads of time to bond and all my wishes respected. No problems with the scar, and baby now nearly 2 and doing really well. I know it's probably not what you want but my experience was really amazing... totally calm and peaceful and everyone enjoyed, even my oh who was dreading it! good luck with everything xxx

Last edited:
I worry that come my 36 week scan on Thursday they are going to say the same to me! I haven't got GD but I have been told to follow a GD diet to try and slow down his growth as they already think he is going to be huge! This is my first pregnancy and I would ideally like to try and go natural with him but deep down have the fear they are going to plan it for me!

I worked on a labour ward and antenatal ward for a while a few years back and all the stories above were true to how we ran our section list, lots of skin to skin and bonding time post op!

Hope it all goes smoothly for you x

Thanks ladies. I was told he was measuring above average and I'm 29 weeks I've to go back at 34 weeks for another growth scan. I will find out later today if I have gd!! I just dread the length of healing time after it I'm terrified of stuff like that. If I don't have gd I am going to be asked to be induced early instead of a csection. My last labour my boy got stuck and they said the same thing will prob happen again that's y she said section x

It's a real toughy... All I can say is, a planned section would be much more preferable to an emergency one. I totally understand your concerns but do bear in mind any complications you might have. My healing time was quick. The day after you wonder how you will ever walk again, but the day after that it's a zillion times better.

That said, I was told my baby would be huge, and he was only 7, 11, so not big at all. I had a huge placenta instead! I'm glad I had the section though as my boy was stuck in my pelvis, and needed forceps even with the section... would have been an emergency op if I had insisted on a vaginal birth.

It is each woman's individual choice what happens and what sort of birth they have, but I would always listen closely to the advice from experts and then make a decision based on facts and not fear.

Good luck with the rest of your pg... and I'm sure your little one will be fine no matter what you decide...

XX

I had an emergency section and my 2 sisters had elective sections due to fibroids and placenta previa.
Even though I was exhausted after mine I still recovered just as well as them but I only got to 4cm dilated.

One of my sisters had a haemorrhage so she was a bit more pain and her skin turned black on her below regions but apart from that she loved it and now shes pregnant again she wants to ask for another section.

After my section on the post natal ward I assumed all the women had sections like me and I wondered why a couple of them were really walking around like they were in unbearable agony. I thought wow I must of got of likely but after talking to the women I found out those two hadn't even had sections that was post vaginal birth women. My point being you hear horror stories from both sides so like Demerera said don't make a decision based on fear.

Good luck xxx

There is an interesting article here that talks about cs for big babies:

http://evidencebasedbirth.com/evidence-for-induction-or-c-section-for-big-baby/

Despite it being common practice by some doctors it shows there is often no medical reason to have a cs for a big baby although it does point out there may be a reason if you have GD. Not saying it is the wrong choice for you but its worth doing a bit of research and making an informed choice about what the best option is for you.

I'm scheduled for a section on Thursday as baby is breech. I'd be lying if i said i wasn't nervous but i think it's worth remembering that a 'planned' operation will always be safer than an emergency one.

Plus, what led to my decision was that i could try an ecv or vaginal birth and still after the risk of trauma of baby getting stuck, lack of oxygen etc, still need a section xxx

I asked the consultant I was under what was safer for my baby, and when he said a cs I knew it was just something I had to do. My situation was different though... Good luck! X

My gd test came back normal so that's a plus. I have another growth scan @ 34 weeks so depending how that goes will depend on how he is born. I would rather b induced around 36-37 weeks that way baby won't b as big as he would b at term, I'm not sure if I was to accept the csection when they would take me in or would they leave me closer to my dd??

Did you have problems with your first birth?

I had an emergency c section and my recovery was great. I had my lo after a failed induction at 7.50pm and was up walking around the next morning I was off all painkillers on day 5 and my scar is barely visible.

Had my first elective c section 2.5 weeks ago. It's a strange experience but recovery has been smooth sailing - much easier than my forceps delivery. The only downside is the not being able to drive for a few weeks - but I live in the country - it wouldn't be an issue if you lived in the town and could walk to a shop!

Hi I had my emergency c section 7 weeks ago I was driving at 5 weeks but feel I could have drove sooner. Yes the pain was incredible but it was ok. I didn't have skin to skin as it was very rushed but if they think baby is ok and it's planned you can have skin to skin. It's important to get up as soon as after to help healing. It was hard coming home as getting in and out of bed really hurt. Obviously it will be painful but it was not as bad as I thought. X

It's the pain I'm worried about as I will have 3 other kids to look after youngest being 3 x

Do you have lots of helping hands nearby? I'm 99.9% sure I'm having one but we are lucky enough to have plenty of family nearby if and when needed x

Not really no, my mum works most days & looks after my unwell father. I am such a woos when it comes to any sort of pain x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back