C Section ladies

Spoke to GP when I was in for bp about sunburn/tender sensation on skin between belly button and scar. She just said that it was normal and that they're pretty rough when they take baby out as they have to do it quickly. She basically said that they pull at the skin really hard, which we all figured anyway lol.

x

Rough is an understatement lol

When they had cut me open to get Oz out I couldnt' breathe and I was panicing and the anthaetist, who had to hold my hand throughout the procedure lol, said 'it's because they are kneeling on your chest to pull LO out'!!! He was so wedged in there it felt like aaages til they got him out, they were well tugging, but it was all so quick.

I did get off lucky with scar though, it's so so neat I can't complain about that part!

I had this felt like I couldn't breathe!! Horrible feeling but they didn't day they were kneeling on me lol!

Just made the mistake of buying a pencil skirt :( didn't know my overhang was so big :(

Just made the mistake of buying a pencil skirt :( didn't know my overhang was so big :(

It will get better, but I think they stay the same without operating. I lost all my baby weight and was back to my normal self just as I fell preggo again but my overhang stayed. it got better, but that's just how the muscles are now.

You can have it rectified though, but cost a fortune privately!!

When I was wearing a jumpsuit in the summer I wore support pants and they made a big difference!

Out of interest how much overhang do you all have and what's it like? I hate looking at my belly now and get changed well away from any mirror but it's still quite podgy and I can't tell if it's over hang or if it will all shrink back in as I'm still a bit wobbly like jelly x

I'll take a picture tomorrow when I don't have OH asking what I'm doing lol!

I'll maybe do a pic and scare you too lol.

I couldn't breathe either. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. OH said all I kept saying was "i can't breathe" and my bp was dropping (for once!) x

Here's the overhang! You guys owe me one!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328693226.088715.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328693226.088715.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 10
Offft that's not an overhang! That's a flat tummy! Seriously chicky. Mines a flap of fat that you can actually lift. X

Offft that's not an overhang! That's a flat tummy! Seriously chicky. Mines a flap of fat that you can actually lift. X

Exactly!!!!!!!!!! Mines a big one. Thats nothing. lol

My belly feels like a bag of jelly and my scar is very neat but it feels like it's tucked in down there iykwim? Can provide pic if brave enough :)

Mines similar to pinkys so I guess that's not an overhang and I should stop fretting x

Mine isn't dissimilar to pinky's, but instead of curving up nicely like yours it juts out quite straight and then goes upwards, so it doesn't hang down over the scar at all, but doesn't look as rounded as yours.

When I got pregnant I hoped bump would push it more rounded but it's going more straight out than ever as bump gets bigger lol

I think all us c section ladies should give ourselves a break. Swelling and scar tissue takes ages like months if nota year to go down. I'm sure given a few months all are jelly bellies and ledges will get better and we can continue to be yummy mummies.

I think all us c section ladies should give ourselves a break. Swelling and scar tissue takes ages like months if nota year to go down. I'm sure given a few months all are jelly bellies and ledges will get better and we can continue to be yummy mummies.

Well said that lady!!!

:lol:

No overhang but yes to numbness, better now at a year on, and don't worry it really does get better to a point, it will never be the same feeling, but will not bother you so much in the end, I have had 4 sections and first 3 were 13, 11 and 10 years ago now, so improved with age till this one! but I have high hopes for a few more years time, and the complete numbness in my thighand left groin has nearly come back now, (apparently all related this time round!). Which is good for my sex life ! ha ha TMI

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back