Worsening pain 5 weeks post c section

VikkiR

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have a burning sensation across the skin of my tummy from a few inches below my belly button and a few inches above my scar. I am unable to wear any trousers/skirts as it kills me. It 'burns' on the outside on touch, even massive knickers irritate it and any pressure around my waist ie wearing the above clothes hurts on the inside. I am living in night dresses and loose maternity leggings. The tissue under and either side of my my scar is thick and the top of the scar (not the scar itself, this is fine) gets increasingly painful as the day progresses. Had no weeping or anything. I still have to use my maternity pillow in bed to lay on my side and I struggle to get up from sitting, climb stairs and pick up baby. Having her on me to wind her also hurts. This started about a week ago and now I'm getting shooting pains from this into my hip horizontally. Does this sound normal, I feel worse now than I did at week 2. Coupled with sleep deprivation, I'm struggling and utterly miserable x

Last edited:
Aw hun :hug:

Sounds awful. I don't have any advice but it does take a whole to recover from that sort of surgery. If you don't feel right can you ring the post natal ward for advice or see the GP
Hope you feel better soon

I found it was worse in the morning after sleeping funny on it. I'd also accidentally strain it picking baby up sometimes. Take it easy as much as possible.

OH pushing for me to see GP sadly don't have anyone to help me during the day, it's wearing me out. Thanks ladies xx

Definitely get it checked out sweetie even just for peace of mind. Where they pushed Bertie out they bruised my bowel cos I was constipated at the time and winding him is painful so I understand where you are coming from.

Hope it feels better soon :hug: xxxxxxxxxxx

DH made me go to the docs today, wound OK, waterworks OK, been told I've been overdoing it, problem is if I don't do it, it doesn't get done :| I digress, prescribed strong anti inflammatries.... more horse pills!!! :) xxx

Hi hun I have had the same but didn't listen and managed to burst internal stitches and got a hematoma under my wound so please calm down and take it a bit slower. xxxx

i felt worse a couple of weeks in! try not to wear anythimg to tight that may rub and take it easy after 6/7 weeks i felt much better x

Does anyone have any updates on their situation? I have the skin burning pain at 5 weeks. VikkiR- I'd really love to hear that your pain went!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back