• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bump dropped!

Mildly

Reaction score
At what point should your bump drop? I was looking at the difference between my 26w and 28w bumps and the 28w one is definitely lower. Also what exactly does this mean? Is it the beginning of LO engaging himself or does it just signify that everything is getting heavy?

Also had my bloods done today and the nurse said 'My what a big tum you have for 28 weeks' :oops: Then she went onto say that her daughter was 9lb 5 and was three weeks early and she was smaller than me at my stage :roll: Way to make me feel better :x

:shock: I have always thought your bump was small!!!! Dunno what the dropping means though sorry!xx

Have you got the pics so we can look at them and compare???.
Thats only if you do not mind hun.

Morganuk said:
Have you got the pics so we can look at them and compare???.
Thats only if you do not mind hun.

I was going to say the same hun!

Oooh and I hate people commenting on size - Like there is a normal for size! My Mum was saying all weekend how huge I am...which makes me feel self concious as the only other pregnant person that's been around our family is my bros OH who is 5ft and a size 6...I'm a size 12 and 5ft 10 so I'm already bigger! And a girl a work keeps chanting each morning 'Belly's getting Bigger' over and over :evil:

Aww thanks Nicki, that's very sweet of you to say - I do feels massive though :oops:

Ok pictures as I think the first is in the 2nd tri bump thread and the second in the 3rd tri one so not good for comparison.

26weeks

picture398uu8.jpg

28weeks

picture400dr5.jpg

Ok so now that I look at them, there doesn't seem to be as much droppage as I thought :think:

Although when I put the 24 weeks one up there does seem to be a bit but possibly that is only because it is bigger now.

24weeks

picture371so2.jpg

Hideilu, I would punch that girl at work if I were you :x How rude of her :roll:

Deffo think it is lower than 24 weeks! But don't think it's anything to worry about...just baby growth!! :D

Good thank you :D I am starting to think that too :D

i'm not sure it means anything, i have carried low right throughout, it means i have never had problmes breathing and can lie on my back if i want to, but the downside is tahat at the moment my stomach is the size of a walnut!

Boy bump (apparently).

sandi

I've always thought Tally was low, but i was doing my baby book yesterday and my bump definately dropped sometime after 32 weeks (probably when she started engaging!!!)

It's normal to drop but i think some people dont, its not really a great reflection on when LO will make an appearence

I think it is ok Mildly because mine has also dropped a teeny bit. MW last week said it is because baby is getting snuggly with head down and growth etc.

Your bump doesnt look big at all, I think I am almost the same. It looks like a tidy bump :)

Aimee has always been low down but it has only been in the past couple of days that I've felt more heavy and 'droopy'. It sort of feels like I am being pulled down a bit.

Nurses and midwifes have a special talent for making you feel wonderful about yourself! :roll: The physio I saw a couple of weeks ago said 'you aren't that big for 33 weeks! is something wrong with the baby?' :evil: Aimee is on the small side and I found that comment upsetting!

Thanks for the replies girls :D

I've never had any breathing problems whilst laying on my back either, perhaps he was lowish anyway. I think he has probably put on a growth spurt too.

Neev that is cute, due on the same day, both with boys and similar bumps :D You must be my pregnancy twin :lol:

Not to forget you and me are virgos...with virgo sons on the way (I am so hooked on astrology its not even funny anymore lol)...and and ....Other halves who are perfectly housetrained :wink: ..

too many similarities - yup, pregnancy twin allright

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back