Bumbo

Jaidy

Reaction score
I love the look of those little Bumbo seats!!

Just wondering if any of you mums have got one, and whether your baby likes it or if you would recommend it??

Also can you use them from birth??

i got mine given and just put Alastair in his today he looked so cute and loved it, there are some pics of him in it infirst yr pic section. Iam not sure about when u can use them i think its when baby can hold head up :hug:

you can use them from about 3-4 months Harley loved his. but got about 6weeks use from it as his legs are to chubby.

ild get a 2nd hand one

madis got one and she loves it! its good for bringing up her trapped wind lol

Maddie loved hers, though she was able to get out of it by the time she was 6 months old. I didn't put her in it until she was around 3 months old as I remember reading it's not good for a newborn baby's spinal development to be upright for any period of time.

But now she's 14 months old and gets in and out of it herself just for entertainment so we keep it out - it's like a toy for her!!

LBxx

Thanks ladies...think il look out for one of these they sound great :D

my friend has one for her daughter and she thinks it's wonderful :D

hev&madi said:
its good for bringing up her trapped wind lol

Second that but Ellis PUKES!!! every time he is in it!! he hates it haha

He will sit in it for about 3 mins max but he is also a chunk and gets stuck in it xxxx

OOoh - just another warning - if they do a poo when they are sitting in it, it can go right up their back :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thankfully Maddie was pretty regular - straight after a meal, so we rarely had the problem!

LBxx

You can use them when the can hold up their heads steady, Jakob has one but i have only sat him in it for a few mins so far because i dont want him sitting up like that untill his neck and back are fully strengthened :)

I was going to buy one but my husband was going on that I was spending too much money on Kai and that it would be a waste and I hate to admit it that he was right.

For the money you pay for it, you don't ger that much value and I just don't think Kai would have liked it, he is just too active. I would like to buy him a little armchair but that would be a waste as well.

Nevermind the space it takes up at that stage if you for example have a gym, bouncer, exerciser etc etc

For me the Bumbo has been the best buy out of everything I've bought in terms of use and value for money.

My son is 7 months old now and still uses it, not as much of course but he's been using it since he was 3 months old.

It was very handy when we started weaning and he was too young for his high chair as I could feed him in it on the counter top.

I can't recommend it enough. It gives babies a different perspective from being on the floor all the time when they are very young and you can be assured that they are safe in there.

Buy one, buy one, buy one!

littlebump said:
OOoh - just another warning - if they do a poo when they are sitting in it, it can go right up their back :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thankfully Maddie was pretty regular - straight after a meal, so we rarely had the problem!

LBxx

i had one of them!!! it was like a bomb had gone off in her nappy! eeekkk

I don't know whether to get one of these. Leorah hates being confined and will only sit in her rocker for small periods and prefers her mat, is it likely that a lively baby wouldn't like it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back